After the game in Shanghai, the Warriors hopped on a plane, headed back to the Bay, and took Saturday off. Sunday, they returned to practice.
In the Shanghai game, 4 of our players did not play: Harrison Barnes, Toney Douglas, Jermaine O'Neal, and Andrew Bogut (who did play, but was pulled after less than 3 minutes). Three of these players returned to practice on Sunday, but one did not, and will likely miss the Kings game. Guess who it is, then check out the practice videos or articles to find out.
- Leftover recap and thoughts from game 5.
Adam Lauridsen: The Instigators (Warriors 115, Lakers 89)
- Notes from practice. If you went through these links or watched the practice interviews, you should now know which of the 4 Warriors did NOT return to practice and will likely miss the Kings game. What the heck is going on?
Rusty Simmons: 3 Warriors who were hurting Friday practice Sunday
Marcus Thompson II: Andrew Bogut back at practice for Warriors
Monte Poole: Health of Barnes, not Bogut, a concern for Warriors Marcus Thompson II: Warriors Don’t Seem Worried About Andrew Bogut’s Back
- Oakland native Kiwi Gardner tried out for the Santa Cruz Warriors on Saturday.
Rusty Simmons: Oakland's Gardner makes D-League tryout circuit
- Seth Curry has a lot of competition at the point guard spot. But if he doesn't make the team, there's still the Santa Cruz Warriors.
Marcus Thompson II: Seth Curry Knows He Is Facing Long Odds
- Interesting tweets.
(In the evening)
andrewbogut: Glad I got these babies through customs coming back from China! #childhooddream pic.twitter.com/3wKbk1I0Vv
andrewbogut: If you see me soon with a missing tooth or bruised face you ll know why.....
andrewbogut: People are telling my nun-chucks are illegal in California? Wow! Local news has a fair few shootings but have yet to see a nun-chuck attack.
- This Andrew Bogut practice interview transcript has a couple more bits than the CSN + Soundcloud interviews above.
Marcus Thompson II: Andrew Bogut Wants to Stay A Warrior, But Wouldn’t Mind Being Free Agent
- Notes and observations from practice, including a tiny update on Harrison Barnes.
Monte Poole: Warriors notes: Bogut talks free agency, Barnes tests foot
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors center Andrew Bogut downplays back injury
- Marcus Thompson II examines his top 8 teams of the Western Conference.
Marcus Thompson II: Western Conference Predictions: Guarantee You I’m Right, Unless I’m Wrong
- To determine if the Warriors have what it takes to become tops in the West, Andy Fahey starts by looking at our point guards.
Andy Fahey, warriors.com: 2013-14 Warriors Preview: Point Guards
- Interesting tweets.
andrewbogut: Traffic is crazy in the Bay Area at the moment.. Who is this Bart bloke and why is he doing this to commuters?
- The results of NBA.com's 12th annual GM Survey are out, and the Warriors are mentioned in quite a few questions.
John Schuhmann, NBA.com: GM Survey: Heat, LeBron remain clear favorites
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors increased presence shows in NBA’s annual GM survey
Monte Poole: Warriors prime example of how quickly things can change
- It's not easy adjusting back to the Pacific time zone after such a busy trip. Plus notes from practice.
Marcus Thompson II: Golden State Warriors feel aftereffects of trip to China
- Our next opponent is the Kings, who are trying to follow in the Warriors footsteps of becoming a relevant team again.
Marcus Thompson II: Sacramento Kings mirroring Golden State Warriors
|Wed||Oct 23||7:00 PM||@Kings||KNBR 680 AM|
|Thu||Oct 24||7:30 PM||Trail Blazers||KNBR 680 AM|
Full broadcast schedule at warriors.com/schedule.