via l2.yimg.com ''Draw me like one of your french girls''
I think we as fans get a little bit sucked in to the value of each game when in fact they are only 1 game out of 82. It's not really our fault. We just get swept up in a glorious wave of fandom that washes over us like the proverbial wave. It's not our fault if after a 30 point loss we curse our starting SG with a plague of acne or wish our coach suddenly came down with a bad case of broken everything. It's just who we are as fans. We are passionate. It's not our fault if that get's away from us. Also small sample sizes are so fun! So join me for the completely silly look at the first night of this season.
The Best Small Sample Size Stat Yet:
CAN YOU SEE IT? LOOK AT IT!! LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS!
Now some of you may or may not have witnessed the Boogie show up in Sacramento last night but here are the highlights: 30 Points, 14 Rebounds, 50% FG, 2 Blocks and 2 Steals. What Boogie also did last night was set Twitter on fire. Don't believe me? Take a look at some of these:
DeMarcus Cousins is the Dez Bryant of the NBA.— Mark Gunnels (@RealMarkGunnels) October 31, 2013
I'm really un-sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Why nobody told me Demarcus cousins spazzed last night ?— Legend Killer (@DiTTyBroker) October 31, 2013
Probably because he didn't?
Demarcus Cousins best center in the league HANDS DOWN— #PMV1 (@MyPapiii) October 31, 2013
I think you're jumping the gun here guys.
Like I said Demarcus Cousins is the best center in the Western Conference— Paulo (@USMC27P) October 31, 2013
I wanna see DeMarcus Cousins AKA The Best Big Man Alive make the All-Star team this season— Cuffs The Legend (@CuffsTheLegend) October 25, 2013
Ah screw it! Any room on the bandwagon for me guys?
P.S: Fun Fact: Nobody was tweeting he was the best big man in the game when he dropped 36 and 22 on Dwight Howard the Lakers in the last game of the regular season last year. Also i'm really liking the Kings also. Nothing I'd love to see more than to see the Warriors and Kings knock off the Lakers and Clippers a top of the Pacific.
FEAR THE BOWLING SHOES!
There is now another reason to fear Andrew Bynum apart from this
Yes the man of the many horrible hair cuts returned to the game of basketball last night for the first time and quickly re-established himself as the Dwight Howard equal he was so often touted as. Don't believe me? Well just take a look at this:
That moment there reminds of a quote from a famous movie staring a certain Austrian Body Builder:
No not that one.
Or that one.
Okay now we're just listing off Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes. No it's from that movie where he plays that Robot that only dresses in leather.
There we go. Welcome back Andrew Bynum!
City of Brotherly Disappointment:
Sheesh 76er fans give it a break. I mean one win against the reigning champion Miami Heat and you start tweeting stuff like this:
Well the 76er's suck at tanking!— Calvin Coleman (@ccole72) October 31, 2013
Come on now have some faith! You still have got 81 more games to stink it up!
- Proof Summer League counts. Miles Plumlee's stat line from last night. Who says the Suns need to tank. They've got the Plum!
- Take a look at Monta Ellis and Jose Calderons Box Score from their win against Atlanta last night. Notice please Monta's terrific FG% along with Jose's terrible FG%. A strange occurrence indeed, one for which I think I have a answer to. You see Monta Ellis isn't Monta Ellis. He's one of the Alien's from Space Jam that use their powers to absorb the skill and talent of those around them. What we are clearly seeing here Monta's used his powers to absorb all the shooting prowess from Jose Calderon and use it for himself. Let's just hope he doesn't plan on using his powers on any other team any time soon.
- Utah Jazz fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder last night in Utah to begin what many are tabbing as a rebuilding season(Also known as a Tank Job). Utah seems to be taking to the task with gusto by starting Ex-Warrior and Lt. Tank Commander himself Richard Jefferson over Alec Burks(Who went on to score 24 off the bench) but the Jazz fans are not dishearten by this recent development instead they look at Jefferson as a 11 Million Dollar mentor for their young core. Oh Jazz fans.
- Detroit began the wacky new experiment of playing Josh Smith at Small Forward and also have Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond at the PF and C slots. Surprisingly enough this tactic didn't fail spectacularly as the Pistons beat the Wizards by 11 points with Smith shooting 8-12 and going 3-7 from beyond the arc. My PF man crush Greg Monroe went off for 24 points and 16 Rebounds and just a quick reminder to everyone. If he is not signed by the end of tonight(31/10/2013) then he will be eligible to hit the free agent market next summer(You paying attention Myers?)
- Kevin Love returned to the NBA also last night and proceeded to pick up where he left off by dropping 31 points and 17 rebounds in a OT win against the Orlando Magic. Love was so dominant he went all Russell Crowe in Gladiator and hit the game tying 3 pointer to send the game to OT which can be seen here at around the 2:00 mark.
- And finally
the DwightmareDwight Howard made his Houston Rockets debut last night in a win against the Charlotte HornetCats(I'm still un-sure which one they are) in which both Howard and backup Center Omer Asik started. Needless to say the end result was a 54-37 rebounding difference between the two sides with Howard getting 26 and Asik getting 14. In Patrick Beverly news he had a quiet night not taking out any of the oppositions players. We'll keep and eye on this story as the season progresses.
Hope you enjoyed this completely un-proportionated little piece to start off the season. Now to sit back and enjoy 81 more games of Warriors blowing out their opponents by 20+ points.