Howard Smith-USA TODAY Sports
I was one of those upset Warriors fans on Saturday night. I asked myself before I posted on Facebook "How do you blow a 16 point lead against a struggling 76ers team?!" As a Dubs fan I know any game we play is no easy walk in the park but come on! Seeing it unfold with my own eyes was unbearable to watch! It is what it is, so I guess I got to let it be. Tonight's a different night and the start of a 7 game home stand. The Toronto Raptors are in town this evening and I'll say it again: "It ain't going to be easy!" Warriors vs. Raptors: MUST WIN in Golden State!
Raptors are in town and possibly Rudy Gay (who is suffering from back spasms). The guy can definitely light it up scoring on our home court (at least when he was a Grizzly).
They're on a 4 game losing streak after winning 7 of 10 when Toronto acquired Gay prior to the trade deadline. But don't let this team fool you with they're 23-37 record: they shot well vs. the Bucks with 7 players scoring in double digits. Not a good look for Golden State if they don't plan to play defense. Whatever the case is, our Warriors need to make some serious adjustments from Saturdays loss.
Must win situation for the Dubs... keys to victory:
- GSW must play solid defense for 4 quarters! It's up to us, the home crowd to hype the squad up! We do play different at home (last 6 of 7 at home were wins) vs. on the road (1 for 11 wins, ouch!) Bottom line, get it done.
- Key word: "Sloppy" plays. Throw that word out the window... play solid offense & defense.
- Keep up the offensive domination, big plays from our starting 5 and key plays from our bench. David Lee, I see you with another double - double night along with big shots from Stephen Curry and Clay Thompson.
- We've had our struggle with turnovers, Dubs need to force turnovers on Toronto's end and turn them into points!
- Just like Saturday's game: Play smart. It's as simple as that Warriors!
Yay Area stand up: Who would you like to see perform live with the Warrior Girls during a time out?
Too $hort - "Blow the Whistle" (29 votes)
E-40 & Too $hort: - "Back it up like a Dump Truck" (12 votes)
Digital Underground - "Freaks of the Industry" (lol!) (13 votes)
Souls of Mischief - "93' till infinity" (13 votes)
Mistah F.A.B. - "Super Sic Wit It" (13 votes)
T.W.D.Y. (The whole damn Yey) - "Players Holiday" (10 votes)
90 total votes