Not really, of course, but I'd like to draw some eerie parallels between the two teams.
- Both had playoff runs end in the conference semi-finals, much of it due to injury.
- Both had injuries to their defensive-minded centers sap their overall effectiveness in the playoffs (Noah, Bogut)
- Both had backup, fringe-starter PGs w/ a gunner mentality that made big shots in the postseason and are hitting the FA market in the offseason, leaving their fanbase conflicted on how badly the teams want him back (Robinson, Jack)
- Both have a young SF that seemed to take a leap forward in the postseason (Butler, Barnes)
- Both have PF that are much maligned for "empty" production, a dubious defensive pedigree and contracts that render them more or less untradeable (Boozer, Lee)
- Both had older players that ended up playing more in the postseason than anyone expected (Hamilton and Jefferson)