Warriors (W-L): 13-14
Magic (W-L): 17-10
Time: 4PM PST
TV: FSN Bay Area
Radio: KNBR 1050
This afternoon the Dubs square off against one of the league's biggest surprises, the Orlando Magic. Normally I'd get to insert some Orlando Tragic joke here about losing Shaq, the Penny injuries, Grant Hill's ankle, trading away TMac for what ended up being nothing, or even Tree Rollins' "dominance"--
We almost had Jordan and Pippen 2.0, but they actually had Jordan and Pippen 3.0.
but with Dwight Howard manning their interior there's not much I can say but UH-OH. Seriously, can you believe this guy is only 22? He's not that much older than Andris Biedrins and he's actually younger than Monta Ellis. A few years from now, barring something Tragic, this is the league's MVP.
The Magic have won 12 of the past 13 games against the Warriors, so it's going to take a great team effort to get a W.
- Monta Ellis is a game time decision, but if I'm Nellie I let the kid sit this one out. It's going to be a tough win, a tough game to keep close even, and 3 turnovers in 5 minutes won't cut it.
- JRich will play today, but not in tomorrow's matchup against the Heat as a precautionary measure. If he goes 4 for 19 again, it's going to be long, long night.
- TMurph's in LA-LA land seeing a foot specialist. On a side note, why isn't he seeing someone in the Bay? Everyone knows the best doctors in the world are in the Yay Area.
- Zarko Cabarkapa (remember him?) is in LA awaiting lower-back surgery next Tuesday.
But no excuses. The Tragic (you knew I'd sneak that in!) won't have Hedo Turkoglu and Keith Bogans. Jameer Nelson is a game time decision as well. And Grant Hill, well who knows what will happen to the man. Will he be chilling with Tamia tonight or chilling with the fellas?
Big shout out to Grant Hill's legendary Fila kicks (almost as fly as gear at the GSoM Store) and blogger diaper dandy Eduardo over at Magic FanAttic.
Vegas Odds: Magic by 4.5
- Warriors by 1
- The BoomRich backcourt DOMINATES the Magic.
- Dwight Howard goes for 20-20 on the Warriors "tough" interior and sprinkles in 3 swats.
- Travis Diener has a career night. (Don't ask "Who?" because you'll remember that name after today.)
- Grant Hill has himself a nice 20 ounce bottle of Sprite after the game.
Make sure to give us your predictions in the comments before tip off and post any comments you have during the game right here.
THROW UP A W!!
Stay tuned for the recap!
Who's got the most magic tonight?
This poll is closed