Check out this tidbit from the Seattle Times NBA Notebook today:
It's a little fuzzy from the way that was phrased- does "emerged as candidates" simply mean these three squads were contacted by the Sixers (we were informed that the Warriors, Sonics, and Nuggets were contacted too) or does this mean the interest is mutual?
Regardless of what goes down with Iverson on the trading front, one thing that should bring a smile to Warriors Nation is AI and KG probably won't be teamed up together thanks to TWolves owner Glenn Taylor declaring that they can't afford Iverson. This means two things:
- There won't be another guaranteed playoff team in the West to kill the Dubs' dreams of ending that 12 year playoff drought this season.
- There's still some hope that the Warriors can bring KG to the Bay. (Although, this is one of those "never in a million years" scenarios)
This should also bring Kevin Garnett into a serious state of rage especially after he said this:
We'll just have to wait and see where The Answer goes.
Where do you think AI will end up? Ooooh, the quarter season drama!
AI Rumor Rewind:
- Rumor: 76ers Contacted Warriors, Sonics, and Nuggets about an Allen Iverson Deal
- Rumor: Allen Iverson Wants Out of Philly + Warriors Need The Answer
- Rumor: 7-1 Odds on Allen Iverson for T-Double, Ike, MP2, and Zarko
- Rumor: Sixers want Troy Murphy or Jason Richardson for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: Iverson Will Play for Warriors
- Rumor: 8 Team, 9 Player Super Trade brings Allen Iverson to the Warriors
- Rumor: Warriors Won't Pursue Iverson
- Rumor: Warriors' Youth + Bad Contract for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: Sixers Listening to Troy Murphy Package for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: 76ers Want a Troy Murphy Package for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: Warriors in the Mix for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: Warriors Really After Iverson
- Rumor: Allen Iverson to the Warriors