Allen Iverson had a press conference yesterday as part of his annual charity softball event. Of course, the gossip hungry reporters (not that we aren't guilty of that either!) couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask AI about all of the trade rumors.
AI's as loyal as a dog and as expected said the following:
The good news for fans of other NBA squads is that he also said:
The great news for Warrior fans is that Iverson also noted:
Hey guess what? THE WARRIORS ARE ANY TEAM! The Dubs are a small step above the CBA too! Iverson will play here and play hard.
Do you really think that if you teamed up Allen Iverson, Baron Davis, and Jason Richardson, who are all hungry for the playoffs, have something to prove, and maybe even have a little chip on their shoulder, the Warriors wouldn't make the playoffs? The Warriors could start Monta Ellis at the Center spot and newly acquired Devin Brown at the 4 with that threesome. They're making playoffs. No question. Nothing's stopping them. Not even the clowns. It's a no-brainer, just like the Warriors' (mis)management.
Estimate the chances that the Warriors would make the playoffs with The Answer, Boom Dizzle, and JRich playing together.
I say... ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLLARS- muhuahahahaha! Oh wait, sorry I'm watching Austin Powers on DVD. I meant to say One Triple-Oh!
Even Dr. Evil's no match for a Boom-Rich-Answer trio! [image from SuperHonda.com]
Wait, don't answer! Instead pray for The Answer.
- Rumor: 8 Team, 9 Player Super Trade brings Allen Iverson to the Warriors
- Rumor: Warriors Won't Pursue Iverson
- Rumor: Warriors' Youth + Bad Contract for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: Sixers Listening to Troy Murphy Package for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: 76ers Want a Troy Murphy Package for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: Warriors in the Mix for Allen Iverson
- Rumor: Warriors Really After Iverson
- Rumor: Allen Iverson to the Warriors
99% of rumors never happen, but 99% of them are fun to talk about!