Warriors (W-L): 1-6
Raptors (W-L): 5-4
Time: 10:00am PST
Radio: KNBR 1050
Yes Sundays in November are for football, but this Sunday the Warriors head to Toronto, Canda to take on the likes of Bargnani, Calderon, Garbajosa, Kapono, Moon, and Nesterovic. (You gotta hand it to these guys from all the cool names.)
The bad news is that the Warriors haven't won a game away from Roaracle yet this season- actually it's kind of hard to do that when you only have 1 win. But the good news is that for the first time this season I can say that the Warriors are vying for their first win streak! Here's 3 things I'd love to see (via the boxscore and highlights) and hear on the radio this Sunday morning:
Jack Playing 48 minutes: Okay, okay Stephen Jackson doesn't need to play the entire game, but seriously right now he's by far the most rested and healthy Warrior starter. He is instantly going to improve this Warriors defense. At the very least it's going to go from historically atrocious to just atrocious. On offense he's going to give the Warriors another savvy creator which should take a ton of pressure off Baron and allow Nellie to rest the Boss some more.
Since we're on the topic of Jack I want to highly recommend checking out Scott Ostler's piece for SFGate titled Warriors Really Need Cap'n Jack. The piece challenges all the haters across the NBA landscape for questioning his captaincy and highlights how his hoops IQ and LQ are highly regarded by Nellie and his previous and current teammates
Hold the Raptors to Double Digits: This isn't necessarily required to get this W either, but I would LOVE to see the Warriors finally hold an opponent to under 100 points. With their best man defender back in action for the first time this season there's no better time than now to pull off this awesome defensive feat (well it's awesome for this team). The Toronto Raptors are scoring just a shade under one-triple-o this season, so it's going to be a challenge, but on football Sunday maybe the Dubs will show some football toughness.
- Kick this Road Trip Off Right: Let's face it folks, the Warriors are beginning a somewhat brutal East Coast road trip this Sunday featuring two pairs of back-to-back games. It'll be a miracle if the Warriors go 5-0 on trip, a good trip back East if they can 4-1 or 3-2, a bad visit if they go 2-3, and a horrific one if they go 1-4 or the dreadful Big 0 Tires. If the Warriors come back home on November 26th at 2-10 or even 1-11 it's going to be... well, let's not go there.
Since this game isn't televised in the Bay Area (unless you forked over the dough for the admittedly reasonably priced NBA League Pass) we've enlisted some of our friends from HoopAddict.com and RaptorsHQ.com to help us put together a phat recap for your Sunday reading pleasure. We can't thank them enough for their help. Please take a few minutes out of your day to sing O Canada and check out their respective sites.
- Warriors by 1
- New Warrior D.J. Mbenga blocks 3 shots faster than you can say Adonal Foyle
- Jason Kapono doubles his season scoring average
- Andris Biedrins notches a double-double and plays solid D
- Jamario Moon has a career game
- The Warriors get twice as many blocks as the Craptors
- Chris Bosh goes for 20-10
Throw up that W!
What are your predictions for Sunday morning's game in Canada? Post them as well as your live game thoughts in the comments
Update: Check out the Game-Day Preview over at RaptorsHQ.com
Update 2: Live Boxscore via NBA.com
Update 3: Definitely check out the live blog of this morning's game in the comments!
Update 4: The Warriors win one on football Sunday!
2 Game Win Streak Baby!
Stay tuned for the Recap!