I don't know about you but I get excited for Bobbleheads, I don't know why. I'm not sure I ever remember the Warriors doing bobblehead giveaways before, so this might be a first. The first bobblehead I got was a Barry Bonds one, and the head on that thing was HUGE! Haha. Even the bobblehead was on something, perhaps I got the HGH Bonds bobblehead. Okay bad joke. I really am a Giants fan. Anyways, that Mitchell Report does come out tomorrow, I wonder if Bonds is in there. Hmmmm.
But I digress, back to Warrior bobbleheads. On Monday, January 21, 2008, Martin Luther King Day, the Warriors are giving away a limited amount of Thunder bobbleheads. There are only 1000 of these available to the general public. So if you want one, you better get clicking. I would be going, but I have to work that day. Awww man! But I suspect many of you get the day off and can make the 1pm start time. The bobbleheads seem fun to me and after the Hardwood Classics T-shirt, it's probably the best giveaway the Warriors will have this year. Remember the "Where Amazing Happens" free shirt on opening night, ugh just awful. So, the bobblehead gets many style points from me.
What's more is that Chris Murphy, the famous Warriors group ticket sales rep who has been the backbone of GSOM Nights 1 and 2, is giving the good folks at GSOM a nice little perk. If you want the bobblehead and are among the first 150 from GSOM, you get to attend courtside shootaround. So you get the Thunder bobblehead, tickets to a Warriors win vs the Twolves, and you can sit courtside when the Warriors and Wolves go through their pre-game warmups. Good stuff.
The tickets are sideline upper bowl and have been discounted to $45 from a face value of $48. Also, $5 of each ticket goes towards the Warriors Foundation. So, if you're interested, here's the info.
2) In order to attend the shootaround, in the "Questions" section of the form, type "GSOM Member"
All this bobblehead talk got me thinking about what other bobbleheads would be cool.
- I'd want a Brandan Wright version with bobble ears. Just give the ears a little flick.
- DJ Mbenga probably wouldn't be a bobblehead since he has no neck, just shoulder muscles that connect his head to his body.
- Nellie with a beer can. It would be the slightly buzzed Nellie as you knock his head around. Or the beer can could bobble between his hand and mouth.
- Pietrus because well Pietrus' head never seems to be on straight.
- Dirk because even the Warriors don't play the Mavs, the fans can mess with his head.
Anyways, enjoy Bobblehead Day if you choose to go. I think it's a cool giveaway, I just won't be able to make it. I have a feeling these will go quick, so get yours soon. And feel free to tell everyone in the comments what you think a good bobblehead would be.