Warriors (W-L): 30-36
Timberwolves (W-L): 28-35
Time: 7:30pm PST
Radio: KNBR 680
Tonight the Warriors square off against India's finest Kevin Garnett and the Minnesnowta Timberkittens in Oakland. I know it's getting played out, but... THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.
In their only matchup of the season, the Timberwolves embarrassed the BoomRich-less Warriors in Minnesnowta 121-93. It was very, very troubling. Oh well, at least Sarunas Jasikevicius had a fabulous game and that smelly monkey collected another Warrior Wonder award. This game is very winnable however. The Wolves are a poor road team having lost 8 of their last 11, while the Dubs are a brilliant 23-10 at the Oracle Arena.
Keys to the game:
- Play some defense. Last time the Warriors surrendered an embarrassing 121 points to this team even though they average below 97 points a game.
- Rebound, rebound, rebound. The rebound totals were simply awful in the previous matchup with the Warriors getting out rebounded by 19. In particular Andris Biedrins needs to neutralize KG's glasswork. If Andris picks up silly fouls early, it's going to be a long night.
- Under no circumstance should Mark Blount get 22 points.
- KG's going to get his no matter what, but the Warriors need to focus on shutting down Ricky Davis and the other TWolves. Besides KG, no other Timberkitten should get over 15 points.
- Run the Timberwolves out of the gym before the 2nd quarter even begins.
- Priorities baby, priorities. All 12 of them.
The Race for 8th:
- LA Paper Clips @ Charlotte BETcats (4:00pm PST): Michael- we need you to suit up tonight.
- Sacrapmento Kings @ Miami Hot Like Fire (4:30pm PST): Come on Gary! Do it for the Bay!
- NO/ OKC Ho-nets @ New York Knickerbockers (4:30pm PST): Ain't nuthin like a little Curry.
- Portland Blazed @ LA Fakers (7:30pm PST): Come on Portland- make it 8!
Feel free to discuss the other games in the open thread as well. Updates are always appreciated.
Vegas Odds: Warriors by 7 (as of 9:25 am PST).
- Warriors by 7.
- Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, and Monta Ellis destroy the Timberkittens' backcourt.
- Jax brings some stellar D.
- KG gets his usual 20-10.
- Danville product Mark Madsen gets wild applause from the hometown crowd... okay, maybe not.
Make sure to give us your predictions in the comments before tip off and post any comments you have during the game right here.
PROTECT THE HOUSE!
UPDATE: Live Box Score from Yahoo!
Stay tuned for the Recap!