Yes, but can that fish rebound?
Warriors (W-L): 33-38
Spurs (W-L): 49-20
Time: 7:30pm PST
TV: FSN Bay Area
Radio: KNBR 680
Last night's loss to the Lakers at Staples was tough to swallow, but it's time to get right back up and try to take down the San Antonio Snores at home tonight. While the Warriors are coming off a road loss, the Spurs are coming off a "last second" win against the San Jose Sonics 120-79.
Keys to the game:
- BLITZ! Keep the tempo at 90mph from the get-go. The Spurs are nowhere near as fast or as athletic as the Warriors. Jump on them early.
- Don't complain about the officiating and whine to the refs. The Spurs already do plenty of that. Let them be the ones who suffer from technicals and bad calls tonight.
- Move the ball around with sharp, crisp passes. The Spurs play great defense and one of the keys to beating tough D is passing. If the Warriors rack up silly, unforced turnovers with lazy passes this game will be over fast.
- Throw in a little 1-2-2 or 2-3 zone defense every now and then to confuse the Spurs. I'd rather have Tony Parker shooting jumpers then driving to the hole.
- The R word. Let's do it.
Vegas Odds: Spurs by 4.5 (as of 5:38pm PST).
- Warriors by 3.
- Baron Davis and Jason Richardson both bounce back from sub-par efforts and do some serious damage against Tony Parker and Manu Flopobili..
- Rasheed Jackson doesn't get a technical foul tonight.
- The Warriors' bench steps up big time.
- Tim Duncan grabs 15 boards.
Make sure to give us your predictions in the comments before tip off and post any comments you have during the game right here.
THROW UP A W!
UPDATE: For more preview action of tonight's festivities check out loyal GSoM community member mike d's preview by committee [dubs v. spurs]
UPDATE 2: Warriors lose another "close one" 89-126.
Stay tuned for the recap...