Ladies and gentlemen it's time for another edition of the NBA Draft Lottery!
Many of the usual
I'd like to take this opportunity to say goodbye to a painfully loyal participant in the yearly lotto festivities, the Golden State Warriors. The Dubs have been a cornerstone of the NBA's late May NIT (Not In Tourney) Classic, but thanks to a little Nellie, a heist of the Indiana Pacers, MIP Monta Ellis, Matt "Mohawk" Barnes, the BoomRich backcourt, the end of the curse, and the best fans in the league the Warriors are sitting this one out. I honestly feel a little sad that the Warriors aren't participating in the annual Spring Suck Classic, but believe me after that crazy playoff run I'll get over it fast.
Have fun fellas- ya'll earned it!
NBADraft.net, an excellent draft site all year round, has all the key info on the 2007 NBA Draft. Here's their breakdown:
A few things things to keep in mind:
- The top 3 picks in the draft are determined by the ping pong balls. The remaining teams' selections fall in the order they are listed above.
- If the Hawks don't move up to a top 3 selection, their pick goes to the Suns.
- As long as the Dunmurphy Pacers don't miraculously defy the odds and jump up to a top 3 spot, their draft selection heads to the Hawks.
Warriors Nation's wishlist for this afternoon:
- Please let the top 2 picks go to the Eastern Conference. If Greg Oden and Kevin Durant end up on the Grizzlies, Sonics, Blazers, Timberwolves, Kings, Hornets, or Clippers the Warriors will be in serious trouble for years to come.
- Please don't let the the tank-job Minnesota Timberwolves move up to the top 3 spots. The worse they are, the more likely Kevin Garnett will hopefully be moved.
- Please don't let the Pacers retain their draft pick with some super lotto luck. The last thing I feel like hearing about is how great Mike Dunleavy is going to be alongside Oden or Durant. Let's spare Pacer fans from that nonsense too.
- Please let the Hawks nab a top 3 selection. It would be a nightmare if the Pacific Division-rival Suns got ahold of a top 3 pick to add to their already stacked squad. Plus Harry the Hawk has shown Warriors Nation plenty of luv.
- Pretty please with a W on top, make these happen Commissioner Stern!
This year's draft should make a big impact impact on the league for years to come with names like Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Yi Jianlian of The Movement fame, Al Horford, Brandon Wright, Corey Brewer, Jeff Green, Corey Brewer, Julian Wright, Mike Conley, Al Thornton, Joakim Noah, Thaddeus Young, Nick Young, Acie Law, Tiago Splitter, and Daequan Cook to name a few. This afternoon's lottery will be incredibly entertaining- well at least more entertaining than the NBA's final four this year.
Not that this makes much sense given that the odds are already set in place, but any predictions for today's lottery? Who will be the winners and losers?
Make sure to give us your predictions in the comments before 5:30pm PST and post any comments you have during the lottery right here.
Stay tuned for our 3rd annual live blogging on the NBA Draft!
Also see loyal GSoM community member Sleepy Freud's diary "Predict the Lottery" Contest
UPDATE: Check out TZ's NBA Draft Lottery Primer over at Ballhype for more lottery knowledge.