Warriors (W-L): 27-18
Rockets (W-L): 24-20
TV: FSN Bay Area HD
Radio: KNBR 1050
Time: 5:30 pm
We interrupt your irregularly scheduled Chris Webber to the Warriors hype to bring you our scheduled coverage of tonight's matchup between the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors.
But before you make the jump if you're looking for some more CWebb-ness here you go:
- Rumor: Warriors "Seriously Interested" in Chris Webber
- Rumor: Chris Webber to the Warriors by Tuesday 1/29/08
- Chris Webber Says "It's a Done Deal"
- Chris Webber BELIEVES and So Do I
My man Fantasy Junkie predicted a big W for the Warriors tonight in this week's installment of Counting W's for The W Column on FSN Bay Area:
The Warriors have OWNED the Rockets the past few games they've played. Ever since Nellie went small towards the end of last season, the Rockets just haven't had an answer. Yao Ming is too slow to guard Al Harrington on the perimeter and the Rocket guards just can't keep up with Baron and Monta. There's something about facing Houston that seems to excite this team. Perhaps it's the David vs Goliath (or Yao) feeling. Either way, the Rockets haven't figured out how to beat the Warriors. In fact, they haven't figured out how to not get blown out by the Warriors. This game should be no different.
I'd have to agree with FJ on this one. You know the drill. The Warriors are Speedy Gonzalez fast. The Rockets are Eeyore slow. Run, run, and RUN! And then run some more!
This should be Houston's new mascot.
Warriors vs Rockets the past 2 seasons:
- Dec 31 2007 @ HOU W 112 - 95
- Nov 29 2007 vs HOU W 114 - 93
- Apr 4 2007 @ Houston W 110-99
- Dec 14 2006 vs Houston W 109-107
- Dec 5 2006 @ Houston L 90-118
Since everyone seems to enjoy prediction time, I'll kick this set into overdrive for you. Make sure to drop yours in the comments as well. That way I'm not the only one that looks silly around 8:30pm tonight.
- Warriors by 10.
- Rockets by -10.
- Monta Ellis gets at least 10 points off the fast break.
- Warrior killer Luther Head makes a guest appearance and drops 20+.
- Baron Davis messes around and gets a triple double.
- If Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, and Bonzi Wells do end up playing they don't give former Warrior head coach Rick Adelman all that much.
- Al Harrington drops 20 points with 4+ treys.
- Patrick O'Bryant doesn't play any minutes tonight.
- Marco Belinelli doesn't play any minutes tonight.
- Brandan Wright doesn't play any minutes tonight.
- Kosta Perovic doesn't play any minutes tonight.
- Chris Webber is watching this game.