Today, Mon, Dec 21, 2009, is Winter Solstice, the shortest day and longest night of the year (for us north of the equator), and the first day of winter. After today, the coming days will get longer and brighter.
But daytime is not the only thing that will get brighter in the coming days. The news from the Warriors practices the past two days is that Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf are due to return soon, as well as new responsibilities for Anthony Randolph. Make the jump to catch up on the news.
- These fanshots and their links cover Anthony Randolph's new responsibilities and the return of Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf next week. Please visit these fanshots and drop some comments.
CSN Bay Area: Steinmetz: Nelly gives Randolph his blessing
Rated-R Superstar: Biedrins and Turiaf expected to play Saturday
CSN Bay Area: Steinmetz: W's big men Biedrins, Turiaf back to practice
Atma Brother ONE: [T]he sky’s the limit on how I can use the guy and go to his strength...
- MT2 got more details about Biedrins and Turiaf, including how the Warriors will adjust to their return.
Marcus Thompson II: Reinforcements on way for Golden State Warriors
- Is Monta playing like an all star? Rusty examines.
Rusty Simmons: Ellis playing at All-Star level
Belated video- This highlight video was posted the next day, so it wasn't available in my post game links post. Oh well, watch it and get pumped for Tuesday's game.
Highlights by orangino of the Wizards game.
My Notebook- Monta had a thigh contusion, didn't practice Sun or Mon, will play Tues.
- Biedrins and Turiaf are expected back on Sat vs Phoenix Suns, the day after Christmas.
- Biedrins wants a few practices before playing a real game.
- Biedrins wants to play 10-15 minutes for a while to test his conditioning.
- When Biedrins/Turiaf returns, Nellie will play more traditional: Randolph at the 4, Radman and Maggette at the 3, Monta and Morrow at guards.
- The song that Monta raps from is Jay-Z - On to the Next One.
- A 2 game back-to-back road trip, Tues @Grizzlies, Wed @Hornets.