Man, if you thought Monta Ellis had rapping skills...guess what I just found.
That's right - your boy (not mine), Marco Bellineli just dropped a new hot single since his recent move to Toronto.
You think I'm joking? PEEP THIS!
Not only did we trade the Raptors a talented (term applied loosely) shooting guard for a big sack of Oreos (Devean George), we also gave them a budding rap artist.
No wonder y'all were so mad.
Marco Belinelli, Hedo Turkoglu, Jarrett Jack, Reggie Evans, Antoine Wright, Rasho Nesterovic Amir Johnson, Sonny Weems and rookie DeMar DeRozan
Shawn Marion, Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono
Alright Raptors fans, face reality here - the chances of you guys keeping my man Chris Bosh at the end of the season are slim to none. ESPN and I seem to agree - he's bolting to NYC to join LeBron James and stack up rings for the next 5 years. Ideally the guy comes here to the Bay but I gotta keep it real - that ain't happening. But hey, I've got to admit the Raptors did a damn good job of trying to bring in key pieces around him in an attempt to convince him to stay.
Shawn Marion wasn't a great fit so letting him walk wasn't a huge deal. I believe his addition to the Mavs is pretty key, and his time in Toronto was done.
Anthony Parker? I mean he's alright, but easy to replace.
Jason Kapano? High volume shooter that can be found a dime a dozen. Traded him to the 76ers.
So who'd they add?
Hedo Turkoglu (pretty funny that I had to write about him eventually after having no desire to bring him up in the Trail Blazers post).
Oh Mr. Turkoglu - how shady were your ways.
Yes, I get it money is money and you'd love to play with a team that you'd feel comfortable with it.
BUT WHAT YOU DID TO PORTLAND WAS STRAIGHT SHADY. Essentially he had a deal hammered out with them, and pulled a trade from the Magic to get him into Toronto. Enough. That's that, he's there, and good luck to him.
The Raps must have some fascination with European players because their roster is beginning to look like the Dream of Team of Europe. Signing Andrea Bargnani to that extremely lucrative contract extension was far from financially intelligent (jae, you get to do the honors with ripping that apart gain), but it did ensure some long term talent after Chris Bosh departs.
The extension also probably played a role in bringing ex-Warrior Marco Belinelli over in a trade for nothing. Hey, Marco and Andrea are buddies - why wouldn't they want to play together? And yes, yes, we've over-analyzed that trade here at Golden State of Mind and even compared it to some furniture. But that's that.
Rookie DeMar DeRozan didn't have the greatest Summer League performance, but nor did our boy Stephen Curry. Too early to tell where he'll lie but he has some raw talent. Look for him in 2 years.
So where does that leave the Raptors?
R Dizzle's Prediction: 6th Seed of the Eastern Conference, First Round Exit, Chris Bosh Exit.
Enjoy CB4 while you can!
For more coverage on the Toronto Raptors, peep SB Nation brother RaptorsHQ.
2009-2010 Around the Association
- Atlanta Hawks: Sorry, Mrs. Jackson. The Hawks are for real.
- Boston Celtics: Sheed in Green + Another Answer
- Charlotte Bobcats: They Do Exist
- Chicago Bulls: Ring Around the Rose-y
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Now or Never
- Dallas Mavericks: The Curse of the Dampier
- Denver Nuggets: If it ain't broke...
- Detroit Pistons: The Return of the Bay Boys
- Houston Rockets: Yao-ch!, that's gotta hurt
- Indiana Pacers: A One Man Show
- Los Angeles Clippers: Warriors South No More
- Los Angeles Lakers: Big Brother, Little Brother
- Memphis Grizzlies: Going Back to Vancouver
- Miami Heat: Need to get the point
- Milwaukee Bucks: Saving a few buck$
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Donde esta Senor Rubio?
- New Jersey Nets: The Year of the Yi
- New Orleans Hornets: Two first names, one great point guard
- New York Knicks: Is it summatime yet?
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Orlando Magic: Are they Vinsane? You be the judge
- Philadelphia 76ers: Are they (Elton) Brand New?
- Phoenix Suns: Who knows?
- Portland TrailBlazers: The Fire Keeps Burning
- Sacramento Kings: It's all up from here
- San Antonio Spurs: An Apple a Day...
- Toronto Raptors: So International
- Utah Jazz
- Washington Wizards