Last update: Jan 12 12:10pm
Box score | Gameflow
Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP: Golden State Warriors 114, Cleveland Cavaliers 117 - Warriors can't chew on the Cav's "beefy" frontline
Game thread: GAME THREAD #36 - Warriors vs Cavaliers - Who drives to the paint better: Monta or Lebron? (1350+ comments)
Cavaliers: Fear The Sword
Recap: And-1 Tour hits Golden State as Cavs win 117-114
Game thread: Game #40 - Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors Game Night Thread
Associated Press recap: Cavs make it four straight wins against Warriors
Sports Network recap: LeBron's big performance helps Cavs hold off Warriors
Marcus Thompson II recap: Golden State Warriors rally, but fall short against Cleveland Cavaliers
Rusty Simmons recap: LeBron takes over in 4th quarter
Feltbot recap: Zero Quit: Cavs 117 Warriors 114
Live Blogging Links
Geoff Lepper: Game 36, Live: Cavaliers (29-10) at Warriors (11-24)
-Anthony Randolph's MRI today showed that he had: two torn ligaments on the outside of his left ankle, one torn ligament on the inside, and an avulsion fracture. He'll have to wear a boot for 3 weeks, then be reevaulated.
The Sporting Green: Randolph out two months
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors' Randolph out at least two months
Marcus Thompson II: Time Off Good For Anthony Randolph?
Rusty Simmons: Ankle injury 'close' to season-ending
Mike Massa: Update on injury to Warriors' Randolph: two torn ligaments
- Tim Kawakami has Nellie's pregame transcript.
Tim Kawakami: Warriors’ pre-game: Randolph out for a few months
Pregame: Matt Steinmetz with a pregame news and game preview.
- Turns out that during the last Warriors timeout, Nellie had told the team NOT to call a timeout, but that was a couple of possessions before the Cavs actual final play, so Monta may not have understood if that plan was still the one to run, or he didn't hear it. Includes Monta and Nellie post game transcripts.
Tim Kawakami: Warriors TO or no TO? Ellis and Don Nelson on the last-play mix-up
Postgame: Matt Steinmetz on Turiaf's injury.
Postgame: Don Nelson.
Highlights by orangino.
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com recap
On Tonight's Game:
"I thought we hung in there pretty well tonight. We were playing a very good team. If we would have shot a little better shooting percentage we would have really had a good chance of winning this one. We did a lot of good things but just didn’t make the shots. We have to make sure we make the shots around the basket. We just didn’t shoot a good percentage against a good team but you have to give their defense credit. They matched up small with us which I thought was a good thing for us, which enabled us to hang in there."
On The Final Play:
"I thought the open court was the best way. The couple seconds we lost when Monta (Ellis) was looking at me might have a cost us a better look at a three but you always get a better look in the open court."
On Tonight's Game & The Last Play:
"We still came down and had a chance to win. I didn’t really want to take that off-balance shot, but hey, we left it out there. We fought back, gave ourselves a chance to win. We made mistakes but we stuck with it. We were down (11) with less than three minutes and we still managed to come back and only lose by three. We had a chance to win it or tie it and maybe go to overtime. Tonight was a bad night for me, but hey, we’ll just put this one behind us and move on."
On Taking The Last Shot:
"It didn’t look good from my hand, a little contact but not enough for a foul, but just enough to throw me off. Crazy thing is I don’t really practice (that shot) but I goof around at the practice facility and I throw a little shot-put shot almost, so I‘ve done it before… but not with three guys in my face."
On Tonight's Game:
We did all we could, down ten with three minutes left and we clawed our way back to within three with thirty seconds left, got the rebound and had a shot to tie and put it in the overtime, and we would have had the momentum so we might have won it. But I thought we played well all the way down to the end against a great team in the East."
Agh if I had a redo on that shot! Tough one tonight but we'll be back wed. Anyone see Shaq step on my hand? I'll send a pic of the damage
Considering the fact that he's like 400 lbs and did a lil shuffle while I was stuck...it's not that bad lol
Thanks Shaq! http://twitpic.com/xrp2d
- Note that Shaq inadvertently backed into Curry's hand while Curry was lying on the floor. The above link shows his hand.
Took a tough loss at home...DAMN!!! Gotta put that one behind us tho...got Miami on Wed.
- I like Cartier Martin's attitude so far.
- Devean George's knee has been a bit unstable, though he says it's coming along. That could be why George hasn't played much filler minutes.
- Haha! Cartier Martin STILL doesn't exist in the Yahoo box score!
- It seems that Mickael Pietrus dropped into the Oracle unexpectedly. Why is he here? I looked at the Magic schedule, and the Magic are playing in Sacramento tomorrow, so they were in the "neighborhood".
- The homestand continues as the Miami Heat roll into town on Wednesday.
- Another Matt Steinmetz live chat on Wednesday at noon on his chat page.