Last update: Jan 23, 2:10am.
Box score | Gameflow
Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP: Warriors 111, Nyets 79 -- Monta down
Game thread: GAME THREAD #41: New Jersey Nets at Golden State Warriors- Asian Heritage Night (790+ comments)
Nets: Does not exist.
Recap: Does not exist.
Game thread: Does not exist.
Associated Press recap: Warriors lose Ellis, beat lowly Nets
Sports Network recap: Warriors dump Nets; Ellis leaves with injury
Rusty Simmons recap: Ellis lost in win over struggling Nets
Curtis Pashelka:Warriors lose Ellis, win game
MIke Massa recap, notes: Curry takes over for injured Ellis as Warriors rout Nets
Live Blogging LinksGeoff Lepper: Game 41, Live: Nets (3-38) at Warriors (12-28)
KNBR, Warriors Weekly Radio mp3s
- Yesterday, Bob interviews Curry on playing heavy minutes, defense, learning, playing with Monta, being a rookie, and more stuff.
9:53 min: Stephen Curry on KNBR
- Tim Roye interviews Corey Maggette on lots of stuff.
8:25 min: Warriors Swingman Corey Maggette
- Tim Roye interviews Brandan Wright on the shoulder, and Anthony Tolliver on being called up from the D League.
8:34 min: Warriors Forwards Brandan Wright & Anthony Tolliver
- Turiaf was a game time decision, but he was ready to go when the game started.
Rusty Simmons: Turiaf to give it a go
Matt Steinmetz with an injury update.
Monta Ellis practicing his next trick shot.
Stephen Curry on the Nets game.
Corey Maggette on the Nets game.
Fancam: Monta before the game.
- Turiaf thinks his summers with the French national team are catching up to him.
Rusty Simmons: How long will Turiaf be back for this time?
Jaymee interviews Curry after the game.
Don Nelson on the podium.
Highlights by orangino.
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com recap
On Tonight's Game:
"How about those D-Leaguers? That’s the enjoyable part of coaching – you get the chance to give somebody an opportunity and have them succeed. Also have them have a good game and start their careers headed in a positive direction is pretty neat."
On Stephen Curry:
"He managed a real good game. He guarded like he always does and just carried us long with (Corey) Maggette and took over for us."
On Tonight's Game:
"It was good. I had a lot of fun out of there playing…Monta (Ellis) went down so I took the point guard position and had to try and control the game. We played great defense out there as a team and I’m definitely happy with our performance tonight."
On Losing Monta Ellis:
"He’s been playing a lot of minutes, taking a lot of the grunt work of what we have to do out on the court. (Tomorrow will be) our first experience playing without him so we’ll see how it goes."
On His Performance:
"I just came out and played aggressive, you know played my game, tried to turn defense into offense, rebound the ball well, spot up, get down the court and try and get to the foul line when possible and make open shots."
On Stephen Curry:
"Stephen Curry played great. He’s stepped up, he’s a tremendous player as a rookie. He really did a great job tonight. He’s great at penetrating and finding open guys, he can play with the best of them."
I hate aeein my name come up on the bottom of the screen on nbatv as injured. I'll be back soon Lord knows I can't wait
Rise and shine y'all, bout to head to shoot around and do this treatment, sucks being hurt but my knee is doing alot better
- Maggette is the first Warrior to make 10+ FTs in 11 straight games since Wilt Chamberlain.
- Road game at the Suns tomorrow night at 6:00pm.
- Monta will not travel to Phoenix tomorrow. Curry will be THE ONLY GUARD available, unless CJ makes an emergency start or bench appearance.
- That makes the available roster for tomorrow: Curry, George, Maggette, Turiaf, Biedrins, Hunter, Cartier, Tolliver. Have fun creating the starting lineup and bench rotation.
- Annoyingly, KNBR's list of Ralph and Tom mp3s haven't been updated since last week. I've been waiting to get this week's Don Nelson show.