Last update: Jan 7, 07:50am
Box score | Gameflow
Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP: Warriors 107, Timberwolves 101 - Lucky #10
Game thread: GAME THREAD: Warriors @ Timberwolves - At least we don't have a #0 (800+ comments)
Timberwolves: Canis Hoopus
Recap: Too close for comfort
Game thread: GameThread #36: vs. Golden State
Associated Press recap: Warriors hang on to beat Timberwolves
Sports Network recap: Warriors power past hapless Timberwolves
Rusty Simmons recap: Warriors leave behind unfriendly road with win
Mike Massa recap: Maggette, Warriors hold off Wolves for 10th win of season
Marcus Thompson II recap: Golden State Warriors hold off Minnesota Timberwolves for road win
Live Blogging LinksGeoff Lepper: Game 34, Live: Warriors (9-24*) at Timberwolves (7-28)
KNBR audio, mp3
- Jim Barnett on Gary Radnich, talks about that last "foul" from the Denver Nuggets game.
13:54 min: Jim Barnett on KNBR
- The big news before the game was that Gilbert Arenas was suspended indefinitely. According to Matt Steinmetz, Arenas wasn't suspended because of the guns.
Matt Steinmetz: Arenas still doesn't get it
- Before the Timberwolves game, Nellie was pretty calm about the loss in Denver.
Rusty Simmons: 'The Foul' aftermath
Pregame Videos- No pregame videos found.
- Curry has been more aggressive and making more plays lately.
Marcus Thompson II: Aggressive Stephen Curry is making more plays
- We're saying that CJ's in a shooting slump, but he won't call it that.
Rusty Simmons: C.J. Watson still confident
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com's recap page
On Tonight's Game:
"It was a good win for us after last night's game. Our spirits really took a kick in the teeth after last night's tough loss. I was really proud of the way our guys performed on the backside of a back-to-back. Any win is good for our team right now, but a road win on the end of a back-to-back is really nice."
On Forcing Turnovers:
"We had a lot of deflections and steals, but only had five turnovers ourselves at the half, so we were taking really good care of the ball. When we take care of the ball, we're able to run our offense and find the hot man. When it got close we needed to keep running our stuff and get good shots and that's how we withstood their late run."
On Ronny Turiaf:
"Ronny was good tonight. I didn't want to play him too much and have him get tired. He's nursing a bad knee. I wanted to bring him back with seven minutes to play, but we definitely needed him with five minutes left. He's definitely been our strongest center all year."
On Tonight's Game:
""Yeah it is a nice feeling. We came off a tough one last night. It's real good to come in here and get one (a win)."
On Taking Care Of The Ball:
"It's always a big key for us that we don't turn the ball over. We're a run-and-gun team. If we can stop turning the ball over, and get up and down the court, more possessions, that would give us more opportunities to score the ball."
On Creating Turnovers:
"Yeah. We have the league's second-leading steals guy in Monta (Ellis). He did another great job tonight. He had 5 or 6 steals. CJ Watson as well."
On Tonight's Game:
"Defensively we played pretty well against the triangle offense. Their posts got a lot of buckets late, which brought them back into the game. We had a cushion for much of the game that allowed us to be in control. It was a great performance by us."
On Winning On The Road:
"Yeah, we don't want to have that same feeling of defeat back-to-back. We play a very good team in Sacramento on Friday. I think this is big for us to come in here and get a win on the road."
On The Key To Keeping The Lead At The End:
"Just continue to attack. Make winning plays. We always talk about the fourth quarter is winning time. You have to make plays to win. It's the NBA. Anyone can make a run. You have to combat that run with stops and scores, and I think we did that tonight."
Postgame Videos- There was no CSN postgame show, so no Nellie video or other postgame in-studio videos available.
Postgame: Jim interviews Corey Maggette.
Postgame: Bob and Jim wrap.
Highlights by orangino.
- After tonight's game, the Warriors have finished half of their road games for the season.
- If the Timberwolves were a good team, I think this back-to-back from Denver to Minnesota could have been considered another "scheduled loss", as the Warriors had to travel through a time zone and lose an hour while playing back-to-back.
- A 7 game homestand with no back-to-backs starting Friday. That means more local coverage, so more articles and videos for you, and more work for me. Oh wait...
- The next Warriors Weekly Radio Show will air on Thurs Jan 7th at 9pm, KNBR 680. mp3s should soon follow on their web page.