Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP #2: Golden State Warriors 109, LA Clippers 91- It's raining game in Northern California!
Game thread: GameThread #2: Golden State Warriors vs LA Clippers- Meet Warrior Killer Blake Griffin (1360+ comments)
SBN BA: SBNation Bayarea's Warriors Page
StoryStream: Los Angeles Clippers @ Golden State Warriors, 7:30 PM
Clippers: Clips Nation
Recap: Golden State 109 - Clippers 91 - Game Recap
2nd half: Clippers at Golden State - Open Thread Second Half
Game thread: Clippers at Golden State - Open Thread
Associated Press recap: Warriors bury Clippers, but lose Curry | Photo Gallery
Sports Network recap: Wright, Warriors rout Clippers
Marcus Thompson II recap: Stephen Curry reinjures ankle in Golden State Warriors' victory
Rusty Simmons recap: Monta Ellis, Dorell Wright lift Warriors
Adam Lauridsen recap: Identity (Warriors 109, Clippers 91)
Mike Massa recap: Warriors beat Clippers to improve to 2-0 but lose Curry
- No pregame news found.
- From Thursday's practice, the talk was about the Rockets game, the Clippers game, team chemistry, and other stuff.
Video Link: Thursday post practice interviews: Keith Smart, David Lee
Warriors Pregame Shootaround: Smart, Curry, Lin.
- From warriors.com, highlights of opening night intros.
Video Link: 2010-11 Opening Night Introductions
- Including preseason, this is Curry's 3rd ankle sprain.
Matt Steinmetz: Curry Day-to-Day With Third Straight Ankle Sprain
- MT2's tidbits from the game.
Marcus Thompson II: Ellis’ "bad" game; Warriors Want Revenge on Lakers; David Lee Shut Down Blake Griffin
- Rusty tidbits from the game.
Rusty Simmons: Warriors 109, Clippers 91 (Postgame)
- Inside sources think Carmelo wants to go to New York or New Jersey.
Rusty Simmons: Warriors unlikely to be suitor for Carmelo Anthony
This was how Curry reinjured his ankle tonight.
Stephen Curry in the locker room.
Monta Ellis in the locker room.
David Lee in the locker room.
Jeremy Lin outside the locker room.
CSN highlights, recap.
Postgame Quotes and Stuff from warriors.com recap
On the Third Quarter:
"Coming out into the third quarter has been good…from the preseason until now. The guys have come out, once again very focused on both sides of the ball, and focused on defense first. The defense got their transition game going and now we have guys making passes rather than taking quick shots. Overall we tried to get into the paint, force the defense to converge and then make the open shot."
On Monta Ellis Getting 11 Assists:
"That’s maturity because he put up 46 points the other night and didn’t try and get 36 points. He saw how the defense was playing, read it and saw that other guys were playing well and just made plays and just simply became the facilitator. That’s the maturity of where he is at right now."
On Keeping The Clippers Under 100 Points:
"We keep wanting to preach that side of the ball. The first night was a night where we were just had to get the win. But we’re not so much looking at holding a team under 100 points, some nights you just can’t do it. But can we make them shoot a different percentage."
On Tonight's Game:
"At the beginning of the night I noticed it wasn't my night, so I tried to do other things to get my team involved. We just went off the flow. It had nothing to do with the way they were guarding me. I know when my day is going to be good and when it's going to be bad. I knew from the beginning of the game so I had to do other things."
On The Third Quarter:
"That's our quarter. We just have to take that first half and connect it to the third quarter and we will be okay."
"Andris did and unbelievable job on Kaman. He was an all-star last year and a guy that when they're playing their best ball, he is leading their team. We outrebounded them again tonight. It sets us up to play well and to get a victory, and we did that."
On Playing On The Block:
"I am working everyday to polish those things up. I'm just looking forward to getting those plays. It's a long season and hopefully in the next few games I will get some post-ups so I can get comfortable down there."
(after the game)
gswscribe: Curry's right ankle was taped so heavily, it looked like a cast. It sounded like he's going to miss Sunday at Lakers
DWRIGHTWAY1: Shouts to the whole #Bay and the fans. U guys were great again!! Let's keep it goin!! Shouts for all the Love 2. 80 more to go folks!!
- From the AP recap: "The game was the 5,000th in Warriors’ franchise history. The team is 2,295-2,2705 in that span."
- Once again, Curry is "day to day" with his ankle.
- When the Rockets signed Erick Dampier, the Warriors were looking for the Rockets to release Ishmael Smith so they could snatch him up as a backup point guard. Unfortunately, the Rockets are expected to release Jermaine Taylor instead.
- The Warriors get a day off, then head down to LakerLand for our first road test on Sunday. This will be an easy week with no back to backs. The rough stuff starts next weekend with a 5 game road trip.
- Meanwhile, get ready to spell and complete that word again (UPS**) as the Giants face the Rangers in Texas Sat (3:50pm), Sun (5:15pm), and if necessary, Mon (4:50pm).
|Sun||Oct 31||6:30pm||@Lakers||CSNBayHD||KNBR 1050|
|Wed||Nov 03||7:30pm||Grizzlies||CSNBayHD||KNBR 680|
|Fri||Nov 05||6:30pm||Jazz||CSNBayHD||KNBR 680|
|Sun||Nov 07||3:00pm||@Pistons||CSNBayHD||KNBR 680|
|Mon||Nov 08||4:00pm||@Raptors||CSNBayHD||KNBR 1050|