Box score | Gameflow
Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: RECAP: Warriors 112 Nuggets 127 - Where did we find this guy? How much is he getting paid?
Game thread: GameThread #57: Golden State Warriors vs Denver Nuggets- Now Serving Nuggets! (1410+ comments)
Associated Press recap: Nuggets hold off Warriors
Sports Network recap: Nuggets beat Warriors, win first game without Karl behind bench
Rusty Simmons recap: Golden State can't erase hole dug by Biedrins
Curtis Pashelka recap: Warriors threat turned back
- Before the game, the team announced that CJ Watson would be out with flu-like symtoms and a possible appendicitis.
Rusty Simmons: Watson out for Thursday's game
Curtis Pashelka: Watson Out vs. Denver
- No pregame videos found.
- No postgame news found.
Don Nelson at the podium.
Highlights by orangino.
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com recap
On tonight's game:
"I have no problems with this game. I thought that we competed for four quarters, gave everything that we had, and it wasn’t enough. It wasn’t like the first half of our last game. I was very happy with our performance tonight."
On Stephen Curry’s performance:
"[It was] remarkable. He just kept us in it for some period of time. I just think that if he could have finished his passes he could have had 20 assists."
On Monta Ellis struggling with his shot:
"He didn’t participate in today’s shootaround because of a bad back. I didn’t even know if I’d have him, I didn’t think I would. It’s very difficult to play with a bad back."
On starting Andris Biedrins and Ronny Turiaf:
"Actually, I thought that I was going to have [G] C.J. [Watson] and I was going to start a small lineup. But without C.J. I needed a third guy just in case we got in foul trouble. I only had three smalls and I didn’t want to play a power forward at the two-guard, so I thought it would be better to start big and see if we could rebound with them. See how the first quarter would go. There were some match-ups in which I liked going small in which we took advantage of. That was the strategy anyway."
On tonight's game:
"Coach wants me to get involved more on the offensive end and that’s why he said we’ll run a lot more pick and rolls in the game. I think he said little guys look for the big guys all the time and they were giving really great passes for easy shots."
On getting the bigs involved:
"Our game plan was to come out and run ball screens pretty much the whole game. We thought we could attack them and make them make a decision to guard the guard coming off the big in the hole and then we had shooters on the other side so we could spread the floor out so that allowed Goose (Andris Biedrins) and Ronny (Turiaf) to have a lot of open looks down the middle…and they finished a lot of them."
On missing C.J. Watson:
"We missed the extra scorer, the extra playmaker. Even his defensive presence, we had a game plan coming in with him in the lineup that was different then how we played tonight with him out so we did miss him."
Good effort from my guys, I'll go to war with these boys man. Bout to sleep good, get at m,and I'm Holdin off on the name change haha
- With the Nuggets game on Thursday, Don Nelson called in to Ralph and Tom yesterday. Nellie on Andris Biedrins hesitation and FT shooting, an end game post up play, going to the draft with a young team, Brandan Wright, playing at a fast pace, Curry vs Nash.
19:53 min: Don Nelson with Ralph and Tom
Warriors Weekly Radio Show
- Stephen Curry on non-basketball, personal stuff.
10:11 min: Warriors Guard Stephen Curry
- Chris Hunter on the Hawks comeback, learning from Turiaf and Biedrins, goals for the rest of the season.
5:09 min: Warriors Center Chris Hunter
- Al Attles on Rick Barry as a team captain, the underhanded FT. Hawks comeback radio highlights and quotes.
12:07 min: Tim Roye's Journal
- Chris Ballard on his book The Art of a Beautiful Game, part 2.
8:22 min: Sports Illustrated's Chris Ballard
- Matt Steinmetz held his weekly chat an hour early yesterday.
Matt Steinmetz: Matt Steinmetz Feb. 24 Chat Transcipt
- According to Nellie in the Don Nelson show, Biedrins does shoot FTs in practice, but somehow, it's just not the same in the game.
- On the Don Nelson show, Nellie wasn't willing to talk about Monta and Curry playing together. I'm a little suspicious if that's a hint that Nellie thinks they won't work together, or perhaps he just doesn't want to add fuel to the fire.
- The final game of the February home stand is on Saturday at 7:30pm against the Pistons. If you go to the game, go early, because another event (Monster Jam) will be held right next door, causing an increase in traffic. More info.
- Waiting to see what CJ's condition is, and whether or not we need to ask for another 10 day contract exception.