Box score | Gameflow
Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: Title to be added
Game thread: Game Thread #77: Golden State Warriors @ Washington Wizards: Let's Make Some History. (510+ comments)
Associated Press recap: Record on hold: Nelson, Warriors fall to Wizards
Sports Network recap: Wizards prevent Nelson's historic win by beating Warriors
John N. Mitchell, nba.com recap: Wizards deny Nellie with win over Warriors
Rusty Simmons recap: Health care issues dog Warriors in Washington
Marcus Thompson II recap: Don Nelson's record-breaking win will have to wait
- Keith Smart continues to watch and learn from Don Nelson.
Rusty Simmons: As assistant to Nelson, Smart is also a fan
- The Bay Area News Group called up Lenny Wilkens for a phone interview.
Curtis Pashelka: Lenny Wilkens hands it to the Golden State Warriors' Don Nelson, doesn't expect to keep his NBA coaching wins record long
Leftover from the Raptors game, Steinmetz summarizes Nellie's achievement.
- Tidbits: Trip to the White House, Curry's shoulder injury, Reggie's homecoming, CJ and Turiaf update.
Marcus Thompson II: Warriors update: Players take White House tour, but did it backfire?
- It's expected to hear players say they want to stay on their current team. Devean George really wants to stay, because of Don Nelson.
Chris Tomasson: Devean George Wants to Re-Sign with Warriors
- A combo of topics: game recap, the White House trip, tying Lenny Wilkens, and Nellie's future.
Chris Tomasson: Warriors, Record-chasing Nelson Visit White House, Lose to Wizards
Don Nelson in the hallway.
Stephen Curry in the locker room.
To be added: Highlights by orangino.
Postgame Quotes from warriors.com recap
On tonight's game:
"At halftime we knew it was a game that was going to be very difficult to win. We were undermanned and we had a couple of guys that we didn’t know (weren’t not going to play). One of our guys was sick and one had a rib problem…At this time of the year most of the guys have been overplayed anyway and it makes it a tough situation."
On Stephen Curry:
"He hurt his shoulder and I don’t know on what play. He has been pretty healthy and he’s been playing tired lately. Actually, it was good to let him sit out the last eight minutes of the game."
On tonight's game:
"We could have kept the momentum that we got in Toronto and did something but they jumped all over us. Their guys were hitting shots and it’s tough to come back from that. Everyone on the Wizards were clicking – McGee came off the bench and had a career night and Livingston having a career night, it seems too often that guys have career nights and break out games on us. Usually we have guys that come out and play but nobody did and they stepped all over us tonight. "
On his injury:
"I hurt my right arm trying to get through a screen on a play and got my arm jammed in there but nothing to serious."
On Coach Nelson:
"We have another chance for Coach Nelson’s record tomorrow. He’s tied for it right now and we have a great opportunity tomorrow in Minnesota to try and get a win and forget about this game."
(after the game)
gswscribe: Monta's blood work came back. It doesn't show anything abnormal. Which means, as far as they can tell, he just has the flu.
- From the AP recap, Stephen Curry jammed his shoulder setting as screen. From Curry's quotes, he said he jammed his arm, but he'll be good to go tomorrow.
- From Nellie's post game and MT2's twitter, the Warriors didn't have shootaround today. Instead, they toured the White House.
- From MT2's twitter, Monta's bloodwork came back clean, so whatever he has is just a really strong flu.
- From MT2's tidbits, CJ bruised his ribs on @Raptors in a fall, X-rays were negative for any fractures.
- Rest? Maybe on the plane ride to Minnesota. A back to back tomorrow @TWolves, 5:00pm.
- Another weekly chat with Matt Steinmetz on his chat page Wednesday. It's usually around noon.