We had no idea this was coming. It was a cruel way for the best fans in the entire NBA to find out.
(Thanks to GovernorStephCurry for the FanShot)
HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO US?!
It gets better, so JUMP!
Although Golden State Warriors owner Chris Cohan aka the worst owner in sports history is on his way out, he had some pretty blunt parting words for Anthony Tolliver. GSoM member brutusbrutus relayed the shots to us (another GSoM EXCLUSIVE!):
In all seriousness, good luck to Anthony Tolliver. It was fun rooting for him as a member of the Golden State of D-Leaguers. I still remember the day he was called up from the NBA D-League. Very smart and likable cat. He worked hard and deserves every penny the Timberwolves are paying him. The NBA needs more guys like him. Thanks Ant. You embodied the true unstoppable baby-ness of a Golden State Warrior and for that you will never be forgotten.
Some Anthony Tolliver highlights:
- The call-up and PMC's exclusive scoop
- 19 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and 1 steal in the 2009-2010 Golden State of Heart finale
- 34 points in the 1,333th win game plus some great partying
- Some solid financial advice [Slam]
- An unforgettable member of the "Good Times"...
Lots of Links:
- Anthony Tolliver, "The Decision Part Deux" [Bay Bridge Banter]
- The Decision, Part Deux: Anthony Tolliver Decides On A Team [Ridiculous Upside]
- Reaction from Minnesota Timberwolves blog Canis Hoopus: Signing + The Decision
- Timberwolves Sign Anthony Tolliver For Two Years, $4.8 Million [SB Nation Minnesota]
- Anthony Tolliver Wins 'Decision' Spoof Contest, Chooses Timberwolves [SB Nation]
- Wolves reach contract terms with Anthony Tolliver [On the Wolves]
- Agent: Tolliver to Sign with Minnesota [AOL Fanhouse]
- Tolliver leaves Warriors, but you can't be mad at him [Warriors Wire]