I wonder if these guys are happy about the trade. Are you?
Let's focus on some quick positives for both teams after the jump!
Wins for Golden State Warriors
- Andrew Bogut is the best center this franchise has had seen since... since... Wilt Chamberlain! (I'm only slightly joking.)
- The last time the Warriors traded for Stephen Jackson in the middle of a season... WE BELIEVE happened!
- Monta Ellis' Moped Gate and Text Gate are soon to be a part of the distant past.
- Stephen Curry (if he ever gets healthy) can finally shine.
- The organization doesn't have to keep spouting PR nonsense every year after Monta Ellis (rightfully) misses the cut for the All-Star team, while playing for a losing team.
- If Stephen Jackson is the least bit interested, the Warriors get a HUGE upgrade at the starting 3 spot and Dorell Wright becomes an excellent player off the bench. Now if they could only find a starting 2 guard...
- No more 30 minute 2 rebound nights from a player the Warriors took instead of Greg Monroe.
Wins for the Bucks
- No more Stephen Jackson tantrums.
- No more stressing about Bogut's injuries.
- A dynamic and exciting scorer in Monta Ellis.
- It's extremely rare to see a team trade a former #1 overall pick and get another one back in return, but the Bucks pulled it off. Bogut (2005) for Kwame Brown (2001). Bucks fans must hate me.
MY WINNER PICK: Golden State Warriors
Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings in a backcourt together- huh?
Who do you think won this trade?
Stay tuned! Much more to come...