Warriors: Golden State of Mind
Recap: Recap: Golden State Warriors bamboozle Cleveland Cavaliers, 108-95
Game thread: Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers: Another milestone on the horizon? (1380+ comments)
Cavaliers: Fear The Sword
Recap: Cavaliers vs. Warriors Final Score: Warriors Outshoot Defenseless Cavs, 108-95
Game thread: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Thread
Preview: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors: Upstart Warriors visit the Q
Associated Press: Thompson leads short-handed Warriors past Cavs | Photo Gallery
Sports Network: Thompson leads Warriors past Cavs
Rusty Simmons: Thompson's career-best 32 lifts Warriors
Jimmy Spencer: Instant Replay: Warriors 108, Cavaliers 95
Marcus Thompson II: Without Stephen Curry and two other starters, Golden State Warriors get road win in Cleveland
- Matt Steinmetz held an online chat earlier today.
Matt Steinmetz: NBA CHAT with Matt Steinmetz transcript (1.29.13)
- How exactly does one describe Stephen Curry's game? According to Matt Steinmetz, he's a scorer.
Matt Steinmetz: Stephen Curry, the scorer
- Before the game, we learned that 3 Warriors starters - Curry, Bogut, and Barnes - were out, with Landry as questionable.
Rusty Simmons: GS Warriors: Tuesday’s pregame — Playing without Barnes, Bogut, Curry
Marcus Thompson II: Golden State Warriors will be minus three starters, key backup Tuesday night
CSN Bay Area Staff: Report: W's without Curry, Bogut and Barnes vs. Cavs
- Previews of the game.
Jimmy Spencer: How concerned should Warriors be about Curry's ankle?
- No postgame news.
On tonight's game:
"It was very easy to chalk one up and say we were shorthanded. We had every excuse to walk out of here with a loss. I challenged them and they stepped up to the challenge ... It’s great for these guys because people around the league need to know that we don’t just win with our stars. We’re a total team. "
On Klay Thompson's performance:
"I knew for us to have a big night, Klay was going to have to score the basketball. He did a great job offensively. He scored. I love the fact that he rebounded."
On Thompson Defending Irving:
"He defended the best guy on the court in Kyrie Irving. I understand he wasn’t 100% but no matter what, when you step on the floor you’re alive."
On tonight's game:
"We could have just layed it down when we didn’t have four of our premier players but we had bench guys come in and do big things. It shows the depth of this team."
On ending the road trip with a win:
"It’s a big momentum swing going back home to Oakland. We needed to come in here and get this win. We couldn’t go 1-3 on this trip. We are a good road team, but even better at home."
On playing in Cleveland:
"It’s a great shooting building. There’s something about Cleveland."
On tonight's game:
"Everybody stepped up tonight. With a bunch of guys out, Coach said it before (the game) that we could have chosen to mail this one, last game of the road trip. Cleveland came in playing much better basketball. Instead we got a contribution from pretty much everyone who came into the game."
On dealing with injuries:
"We are all on the same page and no matter who’s out there, we’re still going to play Warriors’ basketball and play the way the coaching staff has decided."
(after the game)
KCsFinest4: Once I'm off these crutches going straight to the lab ASAP
- Stephen Curry DNP because of the ankle sprain from yesterday.
- Harrison Barnes DNP because of a sore left knee that he injured after his late dunk, which we thought was just a calf problem.
- Carl Landry DNP because of a shoulder contusion from yesterday.
- Andrew Bogut DNP because he scheduled it in his Outlook calendar.
- Don't let the Mavericks' record fool you. They've been playing better the past few weeks, losing only to OKC and the Spurs, and only by a handful of points. We'll be on TNT, so we get to hear another round of Barkley complaining about Curry's All-Star absence, and also some more eyebrow jokes.
Full broadcast schedule at warriors.com/schedule.