7:30 p.m. PST
Rose Garden - Portland, Oregon
TV: CSN BA | Radio: KNBR 1050
Buddy blog: Blazers Edge
The Golden State Warriors can clinch the 6th seed in the 2013 NBA playoffs with a win tonight. If the Warriors lose, they need the Houston Rockets to lose to the Los Angeles Lakers to hold on to the 6th seed.
Speaking of the Lakers, they need to win to get into the playoffs in a game. If the Lakers lose and the Utah Jazz beat the Memphis Grizzlies they're in. So a lot of fun at the bottom of the Western Conference.
Anyway, SB Nation has plenty more on the significance of tonight's action:
Now back to this game in particular, a few more tidbits:
- Curry can break the single season 3-point shooting record with two threes tonight surpassing Ray Allen.
- This will be the final game for Portland rookie and Oakland native Damian Lillard. Eddie Maisonet of SB Nation is comparing his season to the all-time great rookie campaigns.
- Tom Ziller opines on the Sixth Man of the Year. Who do you think deserves it?
- Curry hits that three point milestone in the first 10 minutes of the game. They're gonna run plays to him to get this thing over with and I just can't imagine it taking much longer than that.
- Harrison Barnes will find someone to dunk on.
- Damian Lillard does his thing, but the Warriors win the battle of the boards.
Outcome: Warriors by 7.