1-1 (1-0 HOME)
2-1 (1-1 ROAD)
October 13, 2015
|Oracle Arena — Oakland, CA
|7:30 pm PST
|Local TV: CSNBA/HD | National TV: NBATV | Radio: KNBR 680 AM
|Blog Buddy: Denver Stiffs
|Kevon Looney - Out
|Jusuf Nurkic - Out
Welcome home Warriors fans!
Yeah I know, it’s just a pre-season game but let’s get reacquainted with our surroundings!
The Denver Nuggets
It's a brand new season with a fresh outlook for the Nuggets who are currently 2-1 in the preseason. They've got a new head coach with Michael Malone on board and some new faces looking to bring the ruckus with Malone's uptempo style of offense and a balanced defensive scheme.
Be on the look out for Denver's lotto pick Emmanuel Mudiay to run the floor tonight — he's got an opportunity to shine. Let's also take a look at Danilo Gallinari, who's being inserted back into the lineup with a promising season ahead of him. Add veterans like Jameer Nelson and Mike Miller to the squad and Coach Malone's got something to work with in getting this team back on track.
The Golden State Warriors
After getting torched on Thursday in their first preseason loss, Golden State's bench just didn't have an answer when Portland caught fire taking a 118-101 win against our Dubs. The key for tonight's game is simple: bounce back from that loss and play a better game all around.
The 2015 NBA MVP, Stephen Curry, is going to keep things going after a 30-point performance and keep the momentum moving. He'll be aided by an all-star line up of sorts that helped them gain a trophy! Expect to see his supporting cast featuring 2015 Finals MVP Andre Iguodala, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson to add to Golden State's arsenal. There's also room for improvement for Brandon Rush and Marreese Speights who struggled Thursday night (0-5 in 11 minutes).
Predictions/What to look out for:
- Excited to see Andrew Bogut shine this season. It's too early to say but after the Aussie's weight loss, he seems quicker on his feet in and around the basket. He's going to be fun to watch.
- Splash Mode On! The home crowd is in for a treat if Steph and Klay go off behind the arc. Definitely going to be a fun match up if Gallinari gets in on the 3-point fun.
- James Michael McAdoo is going to have another solid game tonight. What better night to show off your skills than a preseason game with the home crowd rooting for this young gun. He looked solid in last weeks San Jose victory against the Raptors.
- Curious about how Denver's Emmanuel Mudiay (7th pick from the draft) will do tonight. It'll be interesting to see how he mans up against our guards. If he can rack the points up and keep his turnovers down while controlling the tempo of the game he could be a threat to Golden State.
- Limited minutes for our starting five? Adjustments will definitely be made after Friday's loss against the Trail Blazers. Excited to see what tricks Coach Walton has up his sleeves and how much time our starters get. The guys will be ready to play regardless of limited minutes.
- Win prediction: I think the Dubs can grab a "W" and win it by 10... Splash!