We have just witnessed an act of God.
The Savior himself, Stephen Curry, exploded for a 28-point 3rd quarter and a 53-point game against the Pelicans, leading the Warriors to a comfortable 134-120 win. Setting a career-high for points in a quarter, and almost matching his career high, Steph proved to the NBA again that he's the most dangerous player in basketball today. After a generally sloppy first half where the Warriors had numerous problems with interior defense, rebounding, and unnecessary fouls, Steph took utter control over the game, hitting threes from 30 feet, dishing no-look assists, and shredding the defense.
There's not much words can do to describe what just happened. Wow.
This isn't reality.— Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) November 1, 2015
¯\_(ツ)_/¯— Andy Liu (@AndyKHLiu) November 1, 2015
Per @EliasSports, Stephen Curry's 28 points in the third quarter are the most scored in a quarter since Klay Thompson's NBA-record 37 points— GSWStats (@gswstats) November 1, 2015
Steph has made 9 2-pointers and he has 48 points.— Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) November 1, 2015
Steph Curry finishes with 53 points, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals in the Warriors' blowout win over the Pelicans. Curry is must-see TV.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) November 1, 2015
Stephen Curry from the logo https://t.co/aRx48KsrC5— Diamond Leung (@diamond83) October 31, 2015
That four point play (CSN) # ✔️ #SlateNight pic.twitter.com/tHE0QDRMjT— Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) November 1, 2015
✨ ✨ ✨ Steph Curry magic! ✨ ✨ ✨ https://t.co/WJd66K6IWh https://t.co/zyvJJCo4Rj— SB Nation (@SBNation) November 1, 2015
Around the back to lay it in! (CSN) #SlateNight pic.twitter.com/eGh44oN5Sg— Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) November 1, 2015
- Okay, last thing about Steph: 53 points, 27 shots, 35 minutes. That's amazing.
- The first half wasn't fun to watch. The Dubs missed Andrew Bogut's interior defense and rebounding, and committed a bunch of questionable fouls. Festus Ezeli especially had it rough, but it was pretty much all-around sloppy play.
- Draymond Green played incredible today, registering a +19 plus/minus and going 4-5 from 3-point range.
- Brandon Rush played 10 minutes, hitting both of his shots for 5 points. His confidence is so much higher than it was last year.
- Klay Thompson quietly scored 19 tonight, going 6-12 from the field. His first good game since Game 2 of the NBA Finals?
- Another DNP-CD for Jason Thompson today.