The official 2015-16 NBA schedule was announced today on NBA TV and the Golden State Warriors will be featured on opening night against one of the league's most intriguing teams on TNT at 7:30 p.m.
As first reported by Monte Poole yesterday, the Warriors will open the season by hosting the New Orleans Pelicans at Oracle Arena on October 27 in a rematch of the first round of the 2015 NBA Playoffs. In addition to the obvious excitement of opening the season with a first look at All-NBA talent Anthony Davis, it will be the Warriors' first time facing former associate head coach Alvin Gentry. And if that's not enough of Davis, the Warriors will be facing the Pelicans against on October 31 at 4:30 p.m. PST — just thinking of Davis and Gentry joining forces is frightening, so let's hope they're still working out kinks on Halloween so we can witness some opening week wins instead of a harbinger of what's to come in the future of the Western Conference.
Other highlights from the schedule include the following:
- The Warriors will have their first 2015 NBA Finals rematch against LeBron James, Kevin Love and the Cleveland Cavaliers on ABC at 2 p.m. EST at Oracle Arena on Christmas Day.
- The Warriors will make their first appearance in Cleveland on January 18 at 5 p.m. PST on TNT for their MLK Holiday schedule.
- As Poole also noted on Twitter yesterday, the Warriors won't have to wait very long to get a taste of the new-look L.A. Clippers as they'll face them twice in November. The first meeting between the two teams will occur at Oracle Arena on November 4 at 7:30 p.m. PST.
The Warriors first meeting against David Lee and the Boston Celtics will be on December 11 in Boston, but Lee's return to Oracle Arena in his new jersey won't be until April 1.
Seth Curry and the Sacramento Kings will make their first visit to Oracle Arena on November 28th.
- And last, but not least, James Harden will have his first chance to assess whether the Warriors are really even that good when the Warriors face the Houston Rockets on Oct. 30 at 6:30 p.m. PST in a rematch of the Western Conference Finals.
- You can find the full schedule at Warriors.com.
NBA Tip-Off on TNT schedule — October 27
Cleveland Cleveland vs. Chicago Bulls, 5 p.m. PST
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Golden State Warriors, 7:30 PST
Stay tuned for more commentary from us on the schedule tomorrow, but for now feel free to offer up your thoughts in the comments.