The Warriors. Ouch. That was ugly. Damian Lillard came put with an all-star (snubbed) performance and dropped 51 points against Golden State forcing the Dubs their 5th loss of the season. The Warriors were beat 137-105 in Portland exposing some rust as they returned to the court after an 8 day break. Our team was held to 39% shooting in field goals and 35% on the 3-point line. We recorded a whopping 20 turnovers against the Trail Blazers that had fans cringing to last nights performance. Back to back games are always a challenge. The guys need to step it up to avoid their first back to back loss since April of last year.
The Clippers are flying high after Thursdays 105-86 victory over the San Antonio Spurs. They also have a new familiar face in the line up after Thursdays trade deadline. Jeff Green who was traded from Memphis makes his Clippers debut against Golden State and is hoping to make a big impact tonight. Be on the look out for Chris Paul who had a helluva performance against the Spurs recording 28 points and 12 assists.
Key to the game: Ease back with the Turnovers.
20. That's a lot of turnovers. A simple adjustment would be to not make them. Smarter ball movement around the perimeter and make sure our shots go in. If anything, we should be causing the Clippers to force turnovers to our advantage.
Highlight Predictions: (the #Hashtag edition!)
- #StephGonnaSteph or #KlayDay? We're going to need either one of them or both of them on this one. In a perfect world, both these guys can go off and win it big. Someone's going to have a rough shooting night while the other can step things up. Who's going to come out on top? I got my money that Klay's going to show up with a 30+ performance. He just loves the spotlight in Los Angeles!
- Don't #ForgetAboutDray. How can we? He's made his case and the fans loves him for his contributions. Draymond was shy of a triple double last night. (and still managed to record a double double with 14 pts, 12 REB & 8 AST) While the Splash Brothers get most of the shine, Dray's putting in work making sure we finish as many games as we can with a win. Expect to see a full stat sheet after tonights game. (maybe even a triple D!)
- #DubsFansInLA? No doubt, and it's good to see the blue and gold represent at just about any road game. It's just a little extra special when this goes down at the Staples Center.
- #SloppyWarriors? Can we expect a sloppy performance after doing a back to back road trip? Absolutely. Take last nights game for example. Fingers crossed our Squad can get some momentum going tonight. The Clippers are going to be a handful.
It's going to be a close one. I got dibs the Warriors escape LA with a win in buzzer beater fashion. 101-100 is my prediction!