The Warriors. Where do I even begin? After a "magical" night against the Magic, let's start with some positive stats!
51 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists from the reigning MVP Stephen Curry in Thursday nights victory over the Orlando Magic. Did I mention his 24 point 3rd quarter? Four additional Warriors scored in double digits. Barnes had 10, Green with 12, Bogut with another 12 and Speights contributed 14 points. Golden State had a 60% field goal percentage and were 13/25 in 3-pointers. (52%) The Dubs are going into OKC with a 4 game win streak.
The Thunder are 1-3 since returning from the All-Star break. They're coming off a tough 119-123 loss to the Pelicans Thursday night. The biggest challenge for Golden State is containing Russell Westbrook who drained 44 points and Kevin Durant who had a 32 point against New Orleans. If the Thunder step up their defensive strength tonight, this could spell trouble for the Warriors.
Key to the game: Build off the momentum.
OKC is going to bring it tonight. I won't take that for granted. Whatever their game plan is, let's out play them on their court and get a win. A repeat performance from Thursday's win against Orlando would be nice. These guys are contenders out here in the west. Play on their level but take it one step further! Let Stephen Curry run the offense. Let the team make unselfish contributions and smother them with defense.
- Stephen Curry had a 42 point night against Miami and a 51 point night in Orlando... I'm leaving this one open, I just wanna see Curry do his thing!
- Draymond Green prediction: his 12th triple double of the season! 'Nuff said!
- Andrew Bogut is going to have a solid game. He's been our "silent" defender contributing on every level. The stats might not show it but his hustle is appreciated.
- The Bench needs to come up big tonight and help our starting five out in case we get into a bind. I'll leave this one open as well, there' so much talent in this unit. Team work makes the dream work!
- Andre Igoudala is going to be a key factor in our rotation against the Thunder. Predicting he'll have a great night offensively.
Win Prediction: OKC is going to come out fighting hard. In the end, Golden State will close the gap and win it 110-103.
Also, we are trying out this fun new widget that allows you to predict the final score. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
ICYMI: (Posts from GSoM)