Big changes in the rankings after last week. We have a familiar face at the top of the rankings, MANY things can happen with Saturday's results, and this might come down to the finals to determine our winner! Let's take a look at the current standings and breakdown:
- Jess McCauley - 90 Points (90 possible) Currently locked in with a final score. It's fun to be at the top.. but too many teams below will leapfrog with Saturday's results
- meadows - 89 Points (89 possible) Same as Jess above, locked in at 89. Really got driven out by that crazy Final Four result...
- Davis - 88 Points (104 possible) Still has a chance here. If Villanova wins and Syracuse wins the Final, they would take the title. Go Orange!
- j - 87 Points (103 possible) Tied in just like Davis above. If all goes the right way, still comes in 2nd..
- Fritz - 83 Points (83 possible) Locked out of gaining score here. Too many good brackets and bad breaks…
Here area few of the brackets still in the running:
- Tom Duepner 79 Points (143 possible) Highest remaining possible points for Tom. Needs Oklahoma to win, Carolina to winner, then Carolina champ. So many chances here to jump on the board
- james beard - 78 Points (126 possible) if Carolina wins, Oklahoma loses, and Carolina wins it all, second behind Tom Duepne
- Robin - 78 Points (142 possible) if Nova wins, carolina wins, and carolina wins title, Robin wins
This week we look at a few players rising in the draft stock as the tournament goes on. We looked at guards last week that might help the Warriors in the future. This week, we look at some small forwards that might be the long term solution if the team can't hold onto Harrison Barnes.
- Denzel Valentine (SF/SG MSU) - Does Valentine fall this far down in the draft? Pairing him up with Draymond Green sounds like a dream come true, and with his up-and-down year affecting his draft placement, this might be the way to go. How good would Bob Meyers be to jump up a few spots to take Valentine if he drops on draft day?!
- Michael Gbinije (SF SYR) - Gbinije needs to keep working on that jump shot, but has the pedigree, the potential, and the tools to be a great NBA player. He is projected into the second round, but another big game for him in the Final Four could move him back up.
- Taurean Prince (SF BAY) - Prince's stock is moving up the boards by the day. His body looks NBA ready, and there is a good chance he is off the boards when the Warriors come around. His shooting % went down as his minutes went up, but still was a great college scorer at 15.9 ppg against good competition.
We are looking forward to the big matchups on Saturday night as North Carolina takes on Syracuse, and Oklahoma faces off against Villanova. Who will be playing Monday for the championship?