The Golden State Warriors have got to be feeling really good with a two game lead against the Portland Trail Blazers. Contributions have been a key factor with several players stepping things up. Festus Ezeli was one of those key contributors coming off the bench with some big numbers in a short period of time. (8 points, 6 rebounds and a blocking in 13 minutes)
The big question on everyone's mind is will Stephen Curry play in game 3? "Probably not" answered Coach Kerr. He may be an option for Game 4 on Monday but Steph's progress has improved. What are your thoughts Dub Nation? Rush him back or let him rest the entire series just in time for the next round?
Stephen Curry injury update:
NBA Playoffs 2016: Steve Kerr says Stephen Curry will not play in Game 3: In an interview with Dan Patrick, S... https://t.co/StaZegpQ4e— Golden State of Mind (@unstoppablebaby) May 6, 2016
Warriors Fun Facts:
Warriors fan dressed up as the Ultimate Warrior, got on the dance cam, made incoherent postgame promo https://t.co/bmYGq5bwvU— Diamond Leung (@diamond83) May 6, 2016
The Trail Blazers are looking for payback and a way to extend the series with a much needed win tonight. Damian Lillard is looking to bounce back from Tuesday's loss to Golden State where his team was held to 6 points in the last 5:21 minutes of the fourth quarter. Lillard is not to be underestimated, his 51 point performance on February 19th still gives Warriors fans a bad taste in their mouths. We know what this team is capable of, our job is to put the brakes on them and take control of the game.
Key to the game: Keep the momentum going.
Tuesday's win against the Trail Blazers was a demoralizing loss that has them scratching their heads. They've had a few days to think about it and look to claw their way back and sneak a win at home. Our game plan is simple: Hit em' hard and don't look back. We started Game 2 sloppy but found our way back for the win. Let's make adjustments on our and snatch another win.
- Klay Day. The Blazers found a way to slow down Klay in Game 2 but didn't stop him from scoring 27 points. 10 of those 27 points came from when they rallied back to take the win. Thompson continues to impress us in the playoffs.
Golden State of Mind Night: Game 3 watch party!
To celebrate the NBA Playoffs and the Warriors' pursuit to defend their NBA crown, the newly launched MIST TWST and top Warriors fan blog Golden State Of Mind have partnered for a special Warriors fan viewing event at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Festus Ezeli's playing like there's a max contract waiting for him at the finish line (right next to another championship ring of course!) He had an amazing Game 2 with 8 points, and 6 rebounds in less than 13 minutes. This big man is making things difficult for the opposition. He's going to be a beast tonight!
- Block Party. We're putting the pressure on the Trail Blazers with a touch of defense. Our guys are winning the rebound game and when our bigs like Andrew Bogut and Festus Ezeli are on the prowl, a block party usually goes down under the basket!
- Everyone contributes. Exceptional ball movement and unselfish basketball will help this team take a win tonight. If it feels good, take the shot or disrupt Portland's defense and go pass happy until the shot's right!
- Playoff Barnes anyone? It's like beating on a dead horse talking about this but I'll keep it going. While Barnes numbers have been fair, when the time comes - it'll be explosive. We definitely could use him these next 2 games to widen the gap against Portland.
Win Prediction: No cliff hangers please. Escape game 3 with a 112-98 win and close it out in Game 4.
ICYMI: (Posts from GSoM)