Yesterday, I posted an article about how to use the FanPost and FanShot section here at Golden State of Mind.
Today, I am going to incentivize those of you who have interest in contributing fan content by announcing a contest with a prize that will help you commemorate the Golden State Warriors’ 2017 championship season.
Triumph Books, who we’ve partnered with for a previous contest, has offered us copies of the Bay Area News Group’s newest book, “Gold Standard: The Golden State Warriors' Dominant Run to the 2017 Championship”, to use for this contest.
Here’s an excerpt from the description on Triumph’s website:
Yet Curry, Durant and company avenged their 2016 NBA Finals loss with an unprecedented run through the postseason and a sublime NBA Finals destruction of LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Packed with stunning photography and expert analysis from the Bay Area's largest newspaper publisher, Gold Standard takes fans through the Warriors' historic season, from Thompson's 60-point outburst to Durant's triumphant return to Oklahoma City to the final unforgettable minutes against the Cavaliers. This commemorative edition also includes in-depth profiles of Curry, Durant, Kerr, Thompson, Green and other Warriors stars.
Even if you’re not interested in participating in our contest, the book is worth having just to commemorate the Warriors’ accomplishment.
Here are the rules:
- Write a FanPost (of at least 150 words) or create a FanShot about something of interest to you.
- To enter your FanPost or FanShot into the contest, just drop the link into the comments of this post.
- Encourage others to give your FanPost or FanShot a rec.
- There will be one book each awarded to the author of the FanPost and FanShot that earns the most recs. (In other words, the community will choose the winner of this contest.)
- All FanPosts and FanShots with a time stamp between now and August 4 at 5 p.m. PST will be eligible for the contest.
- Books will be mailed to the winners direct from a representative of the publisher, Triumph Books.
Pretty simple, right?
If you need tips or examples for making an effective FanPost or FanShot, just ask in the comments below or check out the following posts with examples and instructions:
- Tips for writing effective FanPosts or FanShots at Golden State of Mind.
- Step-by-Step guide for writing FanPosts (via Grizzly Bear Blues).
- The best GSoM FanPosts and FanShots of 2016 (if you’d like examples of what the community likes most).
We will keep this post near the top of the homepage for the duration of the contest, but don’t procrastinate -- give people time to give your post some love.
And even if you don’t have time to enter the contest, you should check the book — I have a copy and it’s a nice accent to have in the room next to Marcus Thompson’s Golden and Super Team: The Warriors’ Quest for the Next NBA Dynasty.