Here are some notes that I took during the game:
- Steph just scored I think 11 points in about a minute and they were all increasingly nuts, ending with a logo shot.
- (Don’t want to jinx this, but what was so scary about 15-16 was that Steph started hot. Steph watchers know he gets hotter as the season goes on...)
- Hahahaha, Steph then hit another heat check 3, then he threw in a teardrop that might have scraped the ceiling.
- Whatever the record for points in 2 minutes is, Steph must be close.
- Here’s the thing. You know if any other star went nuts like this in Q1, you keep feeding him. Now defers 3.5 minutes in Q2 before taking his first shot. I guess it’s probably best for getting the whole team going, but...
- Kerr doing everything he can to ensure Steph doesn’t come back. He’s playing the Shaunpton Five early in the 4th, trying to close it out.
- Steph had 51 points on only 24 shots.
- Steph in postgame made sure to mention his missed layups, KD’s great game and that Klay’s shot was coming back. He also says he was shrugging at Quinn.
- Hahaha, Steph responds, “Kerr’s lying. I had to make 10 of those before he was okay with it.”
- KD says he was telling Steph not to pass and instead to go be creative, that Steph is an artist...
- Scary thing is Steph wasn’t looking for his shot most of the game. He had TWO shots in the first 7:30. He didn’t shoot for the first 2:30 on re-entry in Q2. It took KD and others egging him on before Steph started chucking.
Watch Stephen Curry pour in 51 points in only 3 quarters of work. We analyze the Wizards defensive issues all around that let Curry go bananas. Co-starring Kevin Durant, Steve Kerr, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Jordan Bell and George Michael.
Steph Curry will be
This poll is closed
in the Top 5 of MVP votes
will get votes, but not near the top
will get no votes
will be edged out for MVP by Patrick McCaw