Three championships in the last four years. The Warriors have been a lot of fun to follow, and now Golden State of Mind has an opportunity for you to take your fandom to the next level and join our team.
Golden State of Mind is hiring a video editor. Keep reading to find out if this is the right opportunity for you.
What does the job entail?
We’re looking for someone to grow the Golden State of Mind presence through video. We need someone who can produce and edit longform content for our YouTube channel at least once a week and who can work with SB Nation’s executive producer to shape and create content.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best video editor candidates will:
- Have strong storytelling skills and familiar with Warriors players, history and traditions.
- Be self-starters and pitch video ideas regularly.
- Have access to Adobe Creative Suite (specifically After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop).
- Have experience and proficiency in compositing and integrating animations and graphics into video.
- Take responsibility for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary, or alternatively work closely with the Executive Producer to realize a specific vision.
How do you apply?
Submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’re a good fit for the role, a resume detailing any video editing experience, and a sample of your editing work via our Vox Media Job Board. You must submit all three items to be considered for this role.
If you’re already an active Golden State of Mind community member, please email GSoM’s manager, Nate Parham, to a) let him know that you have applied, b) share a little bit about how you think your work will fit with the GSoM community based on what you know about our community currently and c) share your vision for managing the GSoM’s YouTube presence. I
If you have any questions about this role, Golden State of Mind, or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at email@example.com.
SB Nation and Golden State of Mind are dedicated to bringing you coverage of the Impact from a diverse array of voices and people of all backgrounds. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.