Kevin Durant is enjoying life at one of the highest levels of superstardom. After Friday’s victory against the Cleveland Cavaliers, which gave the Golden State Warriors an emphatic sweep in the NBA Finals, Durant finds himself having won not only back-to-back championships, but back-to-back NBA Finals MVP awards, as well.
Needless to say, things are looking pretty good for him. And on Monday, after the title and before Tuesday’s championship parade, Durant headed to Hollywood for an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
The entire interview (just under seven minutes) is hilarious, and well worth watching. I highly encourage watching the whole thing, but I’ll put some highlights below the video in case you can’t.
- Talking with a little bit of a raspy voice, Durant said, “My voice is a little gone, I’ve been screaming ‘back-to-back!’ for the last 48 hours.”
- Asked if having a championship party is as fun the second time around, KD shook his head, but said, “It’s still fun, free drinks is cool.”
- Durant smiled like a kid in a candy store when asked if he had party plans for the whole summer.
- Asked if he felt compassion after JR Smith’s blunder in Game 1, Durant smiled and said, “Definitely not. I’m happy that he made that decision to do that.”
- Durant smugly admitted that, after winning that crazy game, they knew that the series was over.
- KD said that Nick Young was the team’s most valuable partier.
- Durant hedged on his quote about possibly retiring in five years, saying, “Maybe there was too much champagne that night.”
It’s a great interview, by a great player, after a great season.