The schedule for the 2018-19 NBA season is officially here. Which means we now know all 82 games that the Golden State Warriors will play, when they will play them, and where they will play them.
With the league announcing the full slate of games, here’s what the Warriors schedule will look like:
Golden State's 2018-19 Schedule: pic.twitter.com/vEL8EJRYjq— Warriors PR (@WarriorsPR) August 10, 2018
Here are a few initial thoughts:
- Not surprisingly, the Warriors first game against LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers is the Christmas day game.
- The Warriors have just 13 back-to-backs this year, as the league is trying to make the schedule healthier.
- Golden State opens the season on October 16 against the Oklahoma City Thunder, and ends the season on April 10 against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- The first rematch of the Western Conference Finals between the Warriors and the Houston Rockets takes place on November 15, in Houston.
- Golden State has 28 games on ESPN, TNT, or ABC. No word yet on how many games they will have on NBA TV.
- The Warriors four games against the Lakers are on Christmas (December 25), MLK Day (January 21), February 2, and April 4. Unsurprisingly, all of the games are nationally televised.
- DeMarcus Cousins will not return to New Orleans until the penultimate game of the season, on April 9.
We’ll have some deeper thoughts on the schedule later today. In the meantime, enjoy canceling any plans you have for these 82 days!