If you’re like me, you’ve dreamed of suiting up and playing for the Golden State Warriors since you were a kid. Also, if you’re like me, you figured out you were far better at other pursuits in life than making plays on the basketball court.
But starting October 9th, 2019, you don’t have to let the dream die, thanks to the Golden State Warriors’ splashy new fan experience, “Hooptopia”.
The Warriors teamed up with “Candytopia”, the renowned creators of elegant and dazzling candy worlds, to create a unique immersive experience into what being a Warrior is all about. Hooptopia allows visitors to reflect on the franchises storied past while getting a taste of what it’s like to actually be a member of the team.
This beautiful world is hosted in Thrive City, adjoining the Chase Center.
- Participating in a physical combine exam where you can measure your wingspan, height, vertical, strength, and quickness.
- Visiting a simulation of a Warriors’ draft day war room, including special phone calls from actual past drafts.
- Donning a Warriors hat of your choice to take the draft night stage and taking a pic with faux Adam Silver. Is that cut-out life sized? Because the commish was super tall.
- Hang out on a set that includes the seats of a private jet and a replicated portion of the Splash Bros area of the locker room.
- A dunk zone where you get harnessed and lifted into the air like a young Jason Richardson to jam with authority.
- The world’s biggest Stephen Curry bobblehead!
- A confetti room and a champagne celebration room.
Can you believe the franchise is now so accustomed to dominating that they created a special room just for the fans to spray (fake) champagne all over the place and whoop it up? Consider that there are some REAL NBA teams that have never celebrated like that, and you’ll know just how light years ahead the Dubs are.
One of the coolest touches to the extravaganza is giant copy of the letter that a young Tyler Johnson wrote to the Warriors about his future basketball aspirations.
There’s a lot more to do there, and all of it has an exquisite level of detail. It’s a beautiful destination for kids who desire to be a Dub for a day and for adults who want to enjoy a truly Golden State of mind.
GENERAL ADMISSION INFO
Open to the public on October 9, 2019. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are expected to sell out quickly. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit thehooptopia.com.
Kids (4-12): $27
Kids (3 and under): Free
Visit TheHooptopia.com or follow along on social media:
Official hashtag: #Hooptopia