The Golden State Warriors are sorting out the carnage of failing to three-peat, and in the aftermath they’ve had some fascinating roster updates.
- A severely injured Kevin Durant is gone to Brooklyn.
- His departure led the Warriors to trade franchise hero Andre Iguodala to Memphis.
- D’Angelo Russell is headed to the Bay on a big contract, but for how long?
- A painfully hobbled Klay Thompson emphatically declared he’s a “warrior4life”.
- Jordan Bell appears to be headed to Minnesota.
- Kevon Looney decided to stay and help protect the wobbling Golden Empire.
With all of this activity, it’s easy to forget there’s another free agent who played for the Dubs last year who is looking for a big contract: DeMarcus Cousins. Remember what he tweeted as the Warriors’ dramatic season finally came to a merciful end?
. @KDTrey5 and @KlayThompson get healthy killas true definition of warriors! #dubnation thank you for all the support this season. You guys are amazing fans. Look forward to getting 100% healthy this summer. I’m at ya necks next season!— DeMarcus Cousins (@boogiecousins) June 15, 2019
After seeing that I figured he already had big plans to get back into a starring role with some other ballclub. Unfortunately, it appears that market for Cousins isn’t what he anticipated.
Woj says there’s no market for Boogie Cousins pic.twitter.com/cuA39jHOhC— TheWarriorsTalk (@TheWarriorsTalk) July 2, 2019
Now, full disclosure: I had IMMENSE hopes for Cousins last year. I’ve always adored skillful centers who could affect the game in multiple ways, and the Warriors hadn’t had one of those since...Robert Parish?
Cousins battled injury issues throughout the whole season. There were times when he showed dominant flashes, but couldn’t consistently string together the level of dominance he hoped for. So far, nobody is taking a chance on the Boogie Cousins experience.
Will DeMarcus Cousins land on a team by training camp?
This poll is closed