Good Morning Dub Nation,
It’s been a roller coaster of an offseason for the Golden State Warriors — especially as of late — but the team is finally ready to put it all behind them as they get set to defend their NBA title. It all begins tonight as the regular season officially gets underway with an opening night, home matchup against Golden State’s southern California rivals – the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Warriors come into this game with the confidence and the swagger still emanating from last season’s championship run. That’s expected to reach its highest levels on Tuesday night as the team and the Chase Center crowd celebrates their title during the Ring Night festivities before the game.
Meanwhile, looking to spoil Ring Night for the Dubs is a Lakers team that, once again, underwent massive changes after firing head coach Frank Vogel following just three seasons with the organization. Former assistant coach of the Milwaukee Bucks, Darvin Ham, now leads the Lakers and their star-powered roster headlined by the talents of LeBron James and Anthony Davis.
The first matchup sounds like a fun one, but no matter the results, the most important thing is that Warriors basketball is finally back so let’s make it another great season Dub Nation!
Here are the rest of today’s stories:
In case you missed it from Golden State of Mind:
- Preview: Warriors welcome LeBron’s Lakers on Ring Night to open season
- Steve Kerr says Warriors need to ‘rely on our depth’ as they work on their conditioning.
- Woj believes that Draymond Green will ‘almost assuredly’ opt in
- Here are some DraftKings betting odds for tonight’s matchups
Other Warriors News:
- Warriors’ ambitious two-timeline plan nears inflection point as title defense begins (The Athletic)
- Fixing the Warriors’ budget crunch: Draymond Green won’t like this (San Francisco Chronicle)
- How Iguodala’s scolding helped Loon change bad eating habits (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Dumars explains why NBA didn’t step in on Draymond-JP issue (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- AD hopes Lakers can ‘spoil’ Warriors’ ring night celebration (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- NBA Power Rankings: Warriors at No. 1; questions and what to like for all 30 teams (The Athletic)
- 2022-23 NBA regular season award predictions: Experts picks for MVP, Rookie of the Year, Most Improved Player (CBS Sports)
- TNT signs Charles Barkley, ‘Inside the NBA’ team for ‘many years to come’ (Yahoo Sports)