Good Morning Dub Nation,
The regular season continues to chug along as the Golden State Warriors take on the Denver Nuggets for their second game of the season.
This matchup represents a rematch of last season’s first round playoff series between the two teams in which the Warriors beat the Nuggets 4-1. Although this time around, the Nuggets will be at full strength as point guard Jamal Murray and forward Michael Porter Jr. are back on the court after missing time last season due to injury.
Reuniting this dynamic scoring duo with the back-to-back league MVP, Nikola Jokic, will be a good test for the Warriors defense which showed they are still one of the elite defenses in the league during their game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday.
However, make no mistake, Golden State has their own two-time, back-to-back unanimous MVP in Stephen Curry who, during that first round series, accepted his role off the bench as he worked his way back from a foot injury. By willingly doing this, Curry set the tone for the Warriors championship run – showing the rest of his team just how much he was willing to sacrifice for the sake of winning another title.
With that being said, the two teams meet again tonight in what should be an entertaining matchup.
Here are the rest of today’s stories:
In case you missed it from Golden State of Mind:
- Preview: Warriors vs Nuggets, rematch of last year’s 1st round matchup
- Klay Thompson and Draymond Green should see ‘normal regular season’ minutes within a couple of weeks
- Klay Thompson isn’t retiring anytime soon
- Devin Booker praises the Warriors culture after Damion Lee’s game winner
- Steph Curry wakes up son celebrating brother-in-law’s game-winner
Other Warriors News:
- JaMychal Green inspired to win ring in freer Warriors role (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Warriors’ Draymond Green explains pregame segment on Jordan Poole punch (San Francisco Chronicle)
- Kawhi gives classic answer on not watching Warriors-Lakers (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Jordan Poole & Andrew Wiggins Hilarious Visit to a Hedgehog Cafe (Youtube)
- Igor Kokoškov is the hidden genius behind the Brooklyn Nets’ offensive upgrades (SB Nation)
- Ranking How “All In” Each NBA Team Is in 2022-23 (The Ringer)
- Kawhi Leonard returns, John Wall makes L.A. debut as Clippers outlast Lakers: Takeaways (CBS Sports)
- Pistons assistant GM Rob Murphy on leave amid workplace misconduct probe: Sources (The Athletic)
- NBA official Tony Brown passes away (NBA)
A tweet to end the week
Enjoy these highlights of pre-game Curry as the weekend gets underway.
Steph Curry so good even the pre-game shots were highlights pic.twitter.com/Rym7owedCr— SplashBrosMuse (@SplashBrosMuse) October 20, 2022