Good Morning Dub Nation,
The Golden State Warriors played their first road game of the season last night against the Phoenix Suns in what was a heated Western Conference matchup that ended in a disappointing 134-105 Warriors loss. It was an exciting back-and-forth game with a playoff-like atmosphere until midway through the third quarter when things began to get chippy between Warriors’ guard Klay Thompson and Suns’ guard Devin Booker.
D-Book and Klay have some words pic.twitter.com/SWcPhjXklB— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) October 26, 2022
A few moments later, the emotions of the game finally reached a tipping point as Thompson was ejected after receiving his second technical foul of the game.
Klay got ejected after things got chippy with him and D-Book. pic.twitter.com/F5RPVdnN7Q— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) October 26, 2022
After the ejection, the Warriors were outscored 22-9 to end the third quarter and 51-28 to end the game.
Despite all of the trash talk, Booker made sure to let everyone know he has nothing but respect for Thompson.
“I love Klay Thompson, and I have from the beginning,” Booker said immediately following the game. “From the draft, I said I wanted to be like Klay Thompson. That doesn’t excuse us from talking trash ... big fan of his.”
Booker expanded on this during his post-game press conference with reporters.
Book discusses what he thought led to Klay being that fired up pic.twitter.com/FQh3sUnxUD— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) October 26, 2022
Here are the rest of today’s stories:
In case you missed it from Golden State of Mind:
- Warriors still searching for defense after 134-105 loss to Suns
- Player grades: Warriors vs. Suns
- Podcast: Warriors blown out by Suns
- Klay Thompson ejected vs. Suns
- Warriors send Patrick Baldwin Jr. and Ryan Rollins to G-League training camp
Other Warriors News:
- Draymond Green discusses Warriors defense (Twitter)
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson, Draymond Green ‘slipping,’ Charles Barkley believes (Yahoo)
- Steph Curry, Damion Lee exchange jerseys after Warriors-Suns game (Yahoo)
- Bogut reveals inside view of Bucks’ 2012 Monta-Steph trade debate (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Klay Thompson still finding rhythm as Warriors restrict minutes (ESPN)
- Report: Giants may be feeling pressure to spend after Warriors success (95.7 The Game)