Good Morning Dub Nation,
The Golden State Warriors sent their fans into the Thanksgiving holiday happy and satisfied after a solid 124-107 win against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night. With no games scheduled for Thanksgiving, the holiday gives us the perfect opportunity to reflect on the things we’re grateful for as fans of the team.
The high standards that the Warriors have set over the past decade make it easy to nitpick at the small things they do on a daily basis. However, because of this, we tend to take for granted that in the bigger picture, Golden State is in a much better place than most of the teams around the league. In honor of Thanksgiving, here are 10 things that Warriors fans should be thankful for this season:
- Stephen Curry plays basketball for the Warriors
- AGAIN, STEPHEN CURRY PLAYS BASKETBALL FOR THE WARRIORS!
- Klay Thompson is healthy and finding his rhythm again
- Draymond Green is still playing at an elite defensive level
- Andrew Wiggins and Kevon Looney continue to be valuable players who bridge the gap between the veteran core and the young core
- The team has the young talent and the draft picks to provide flexibility for any future direction they wish to go in
- Steve Kerr is a top coach in the league
- Bob Myers is a top executive in the league
- Ownership has shown a willingness to pay for a winner
- Last but not least, Four NBA Championships and Six NBA Finals appearances in the past eight years
All of this to say, the Warriors have plenty of things going right for them and most teams would love to be in their position right now. Fans can lament on things like a porous second unit — which, to their credit, played a lot better with the inclusion of Draymond Green last night — or the team’s unrealistic “two timelines” plan some other day. Today, let’s count the blessings and be grateful for the countless memories the Warriors have given us fans over the years.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Dub Nation!
Here are the rest of today’s stories:
In case you missed it from Golden State of Mind:
- EverGreen: Draymond’s value to the Warriors remains as crucial as ever
- Player grades: Warriors vs. Clippers
- Draymond Green unlocks Warriors second unit in 124-107 win over Clippers
- Podcast: Warriors vs. Clippers
- Bob Myers says playing a lot of youth together ‘wasn’t looking very good’
Other Warriors News:
- Kerr explains why Steph is ‘unlike anyone on earth’ (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Wiggins re-appears, proving value at right time for Warriors (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Draymond Green is leading the Warriors’ new second unit. The impact could be huge (The Athletic)
- Steph reflects on fighting ‘like hell’ to save Jackson’s job (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Sources: Aaron Judge’s two-day Giants visit includes Steph Curry connection (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Luka Doncic lauds Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown as NBA’s best duo (ESPN)
- Clips’ Kawhi Leonard, Paul George have no return timetable, Ty Lue says (ESPN)
- Monte Morris Wants To Build A Lasting Style With The Wizards (UPROXX)
- 1 New Trade Idea for Every NBA Team (Bleacher Report)
- Seven NBA Observations About Giannis’s Shooting, Myles Turner’s Stock, and More (The Ringer)