Good Morning Dub Nation,
The Golden State Warriors ended their three-game losing streak in convincing fashion Sunday night, as they beat the Toronto Raptors, 126-110. This was the first win of their six-game road trip, and it was highlighted by point guard Jordan Poole who had himself a night — leading the team with a career high 43-points. After the game, he talked about how it feels to finally surpass the 40-point threshold as well as mention the Warriors’ unique road record outside of the United States.
JP discusses scoring 40 points for the first time in his career pic.twitter.com/hHbYlJzrUj— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 19, 2022
Poole playing at this level is critical to Golden State’s success in the absence of the injured Stephen Curry. Head coach Steve Kerr talked about the importance of Poole’s performance, referring to Sunday as one of the few best games of his young career.
Steve Kerr believes this is one of the best games of JP’s career pic.twitter.com/1KWHMdFtBV— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 19, 2022
Besides Poole’s performance, Draymond Green also made a huge impact on the night after returning from his one game absence due to a right quad contusion. Green set the tone right from the opening tip by hitting three consecutive three-pointers. This allowed the rest of the team to settle in offensively, while he continued to keep them steady on the defensive end. Green finished the night with 17 points, nine rebounds, and five assists in 37 minutes of play.
“It’s been a while since I made three straight threes” pic.twitter.com/QjyhNJwNfk— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 19, 2022
Draymond Green hadn't had a game with 3 made threes since May, 2021— Brady Klopfer (@BradyKlopferNBA) December 18, 2022
He made 3 threes in the first 3 possessions of the game today.
Golden State now gets a day of rest before completing their road trip with one final back-to-back in New York.
Here are the rest of today’s stories:
In case you missed it from Golden State of Mind:
- The Curry-less Warriors will go as far as Jordan Poole’s ability to replicate what his stylistic mentor can do
- Andrew Wiggins ruled out vs. Raptors, Green and Thompson probable
- Kevon Looney thrives in performing the unnoticed work
- Player grades: Warriors vs. 76ers
- Who will step up in Steph Curry’s absence?
Other Warriors News:
- Warriors offer glimpse of successful blueprint with win over Raptors (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Embiid, Harden lead 76ers past short-handed Warriors (ESPN)
- Warriors center James Wiseman joins Iguodala’s Point Forward podcast (Youtube)
- NBA exec believes Warriors will try trading James Wiseman or Jonathan Kuminga (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- The Warriors have one challenge without Steph Curry over the next month: Survive (The Athletic)
- Nikola Jokic in rare company after 40-point, 27-rebound triple-double (ESPN)
- Anthony Davis to miss multiple weeks with foot injury, sources say (ESPN)
- Ja Morant got the weirdest ejection of the NBA season after interaction with fan (SB Nation)
- G League Mexico City Capitanes are the NBA’s road map to expansion (Andscape)
- Check Up: Wizards’ delusions meet reality in December’s losing stretch (SB Nation)
- NBA nicknames deserved their own Hall of Fame so we made one (SB Nation)