Good Morning Dub Nation,
If the Golden State Warriors’ Monday night loss against the Indiana Pacers was deemed the “worst loss of the season”, then the team’s 124-123 loss against the Utah Jazz may have been the most embarrassing way to lose this season.
Golden State had the game all but won — up 123-119 with about 13 seconds remaining in the game – when Klay Thompson mistakenly left Malik Beasley open for a three to put the game within one.
Malik Beasley's CLUTCH triple made it a 1-point game before Fontecchio's game-winner! pic.twitter.com/Nn3Qz13Yfe— NBA (@NBA) December 8, 2022
Klay says he "fell asleep" on Beasley's late 3-pointer pic.twitter.com/plYtdQ0nvy— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 8, 2022
On the next play, the Warriors inbound the ball to Jordan Poole who gets stripped (and tackled) as Utah’s Simone Fontecchio breaks away for the game-winning dunk.
JP is moving on to the next game pic.twitter.com/XgO8yEJ9Td— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 8, 2022
It’s safe to say, head coach Steve Kerr was not happy with his team’s execution down the stretch – leaving a bad taste in what would have otherwise been deemed a very positive game from the team’s young core.
Steve Kerr talks about what went wrong for the Dubs down the stretch pic.twitter.com/TB23o2KDd9— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 8, 2022
"Can't leave a 3-point shooter up four with six seconds left when the gameplan is to not give up threes." - Steve Kerr pic.twitter.com/kx72htk9kU— Warriors on NBCS (@NBCSWarriors) December 8, 2022
Here are the rest of today’s stories:
In case you missed it from Golden State of Mind:
- Jonathan Kuminga may be the answer to the Warriors’ defensive versatility problem
- Player grades: Warriors vs. Jazz
- Warriors lose to Jazz 124-123 thanks to epic collapse
- Warriors vs. Jazz injury report: Both teams are banged up
Other Warriors News:
- Warriors collapse late in Utah, lose heartbreaker to Jazz, overshadowing bright spots (The Athletic)
- Warriors’ Jonathan Kuminga delivers career-best performance in loss to Jazz (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- How Steph Curry, Warriors core helped Bob Myers gain unique wisdom (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Bob Myers on Recruiting KD, GM’s Approach to Free Agency (95.7 The Game)
- Rumors on possible Wiseman trade to the Spurs (Spurs Talk)
- What if James Harden isn’t the answer for the Sixers? (SB Nation)
- How Evan Mobley is subtly making the leap in year two (SB Nation)
- Lonzo Ball is broken, and the Bulls are, too (SB Nation)
- The Luke Kornet contest, explained: Does Celtics center’s eclipse technique on defense actually work? (Sporting News)
- Nekias Duncan breaks down Luka Doncic vs. the Nuggets (Twitter)
- Brittney Griner freed in U.S.-Russia prisoner exchange (ESPN)